Missile Architect Safety and Reliability Engineer Undergraduate Placement Stevenage 2024
MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
What we can offer you
- 10 month undergraduate placement starting September 2024
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals and free car parking
- A placement that allows you to apply your university learning to real-world engineering projects and technologies
- Flexible working
Our roles will typically allow a blend of on-site and at-home working to suit the needs of the role and the individual. To gain maximum benefit from the scheme, candidates should expect to be on-site 2 or 3 days a week.
The Safety and Reliability Department are in the fortunate position to support all areas of the business to ensure all the products MBDA produces are safe to use and provide a reliable performance to the Armed Forces who protect our nations.
Safety and Reliability Engineers are responsible for assessing and assuring the safety and reliability aspects of the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems (specialisation in either safety or reliability could be supported, but the preference is to fully develop skills in both areas). Successful candidates will:
- Gain experience in Safety and Reliability Engineering within the Defence sector.
- Experience and support product development across the different phases; from product conception through testing and trials to manufacture and customer delivery.
- Experience of Safety and Reliability Engineering techniques and best practice. For example; Hazard Analysis, Failure Mode Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Safety or Reliability Case Reports.
- Have opportunities to build and secure a network with other stakeholders within and outside of MBDA (for example; Supporting design teams to deliver safe and reliable products on time and on cost, implementing business processes with guidance from Guided Weapon Safety Officers or Technical Experts, facilitating or attending Customer Safety Panel meetings or Community of Practice events).
MBDA offers incredible development and career opportunities! We believe that any individual with a learning mind-set and belief in what we do can make a difference here!
What we're looking for from you
- Currently studying towards a degree in Engineering (incl. Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical/Electronic, Systems and safety), Physics or Astronomy discipline.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.