Trainee Business Manager Slough 2023
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day; in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in the UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 140,000 employees. We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
The Trainee Business Manager is the first step on the journey to leading and inspiring teams, within one of our £multi-million restaurants. From the minute you join us, our values will guide how you lead our people on the shop floor and shape the experiences you provide our customers.
This accelerated training programme is the first step on the journey to leading and inspiring teams, within one of our restaurants. When you move through the initial training stage, you will be promoted to a 2nd Assistant Manager, and become an even bigger part of the core restaurant management support system. From there, your journey could take you to 1st Assistant, Business Manager and beyond!
Over the course of nine months you’ll learn how our values shape our business from the ground up. The hands on experience you will gain from working in our kitchens, service areas, customer areas and our drive-thru will give you the confidence to make your impact across each of our day parts.
We want our customers and our people to feel valued and appreciated at all times, and you will help us achieve that as you gain momentum, and take responsibility, of shifts and our key systems and processes. Your passion for doing the right thing for our people and our customers will have you fired up by the idea of running your own successful business!
What will be expected of me
- Role model customer focused behaviours
- Act with integrity, honesty, and in line with our McDonald’s values
- Display leadership by coaching the team and providing them feedback and development opportunities
- Lead the team to have a shared understanding and vision of an exceptional customer experience
- Work with the wider management team to implement strategies to improve the business on sales and profitability
- Analise trends inside and outside of the restaurants that can impact the business
You’ll work together with our crew, crew trainers, customer care teams and managers of all levels who will support you on your intensive learning journey.
What background do I need to have
- This fast-paced programme is open to people with experience of leading teams, both in and out of the sector, and graduates.
- You are someone who inspires and motivates others with your ambition and hands on approach to learning. Someone who will use their energy and determination to succeed together as a team!
- Throughout your journey, we will give you the training, knowledge and tools to further develop your skills to make you feel truly confident. You will be learning a lot and you’ll be required to apply what you have learnt to lead by example and be effective in leading our teams.
- Every day in McDonald’s is different and to complete the training period, you will need determination and to give maximum effort across every task. Our teams are well adapted to our ever changing business and customer needs, being open to change is a value that will help you to lead them through any challenge you face as a team.
Benefits package includes: Holiday pay, Service Awards, Enrolment in Pension scheme, Private Health care package, Meal allowance, Employee discounts from top high street and online brands and much more...