Junior Engine Programmer 2021
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution! As a result, we are now looking to grow our Engine team and hire a talented Junior Engine Programmer. You will be a valued member of our Engine Team and you will be focused on developing and optimising core aspects of the Dreams game engine.
What you'll be doing
- Design and develop game engine technology based on direction or feedback from team.
- Maintain and update existing systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance.
- Effectively communicate ideas, goals and constraints working collaboratively with team members across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of both C and C++.
- Good debugging and analytical skills.
- Understanding of graphics and game engine programming.
- Understanding of software performance characteristics and associated ability to implement systems optimised
- for performance.
- Excellent grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Up to date knowledge of technological developments and advancements within the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with assembly programming.
- Experience with cross platform development techniques.
- Experience developing real-time physics solutions.
- Experience developing real-time rendering solutions.
Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tips for getting hired!
Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!