Energy Recovery System Build Placement Brixworth 2024
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains our 12 month ERS Build Placement programme will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, and using your practical engineering skills you will be expected to overcome challenges relating to the assembly of our Championship Winning Hybrid Power Unit. The ERS Build team is made up of dedicated individuals who are passionate about bringing engineering designs to life, and are responsible for putting together the energy recovery system to ensure on track performance, working on the rapid delivery of our ERS Hybrid Systems to our works team; Mercedes AMG PETRONAS, as well as our customer teams; Williams Racing, Aston Martin and McLaren.
About the role
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering. To do this you will have the following;
- Access to our latest designs, giving you exposure to F1 Engineering drawings and CAD models of real products
- Direct involvement in the complex assembly of high voltage race modules as well as your own projects working on the continuous development of the build processes
- Involvement in the complete product build processes, engaging with our team to suggest solutions for improvement
- The scope to work on both mechanical and electronic or hybrid products, developing your knowledge of the products and interactions
- See how ERS Build interacts cross functionally with other departments to enable us to be successful at the track
What can we offer you?
We offer our ERS Build Placement Students the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the industry’s best engineers. You will be set targets aimed at perfecting your Electrical / Mechatronics practical skills, as well as being given the opportunity to take these skills and apply them to concept design. By the end of your 12 month placement you will have an excellent understanding of the full product life cycle from concept design through to testing.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2:1, or above, in a relevant Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics degree
- Evidence of practical engineering skills from either University or outside hobbies/interests
- Adaptability, as no two days are the same, when there are pressures to be race ready
- High resilience as an excellent work ethic is key to our success
- Strong communication skills
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
What to do next
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre which will take place between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.