Facilities Engineering (Project Management) Placement Brixworth 2024
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 month Facilities Placement programme which will tap into your passion and determination, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. The Facilities team are responsible for supporting the entire business, ensuring that the site facilities support the delivery of both minor and major electrical projects. From the infrastructure of the test cells to projects such as solar power, we ensure that our state of the art technology centre has the facilities to support our varying business needs.
About the role
As a Facilities Placement Student you will have exposure to the entire project management process, including the implementation of mechanical and electrical systems, civils and controls. You will be given autonomy to troubleshoot, propose and deliver appropriate, value added solutions within tight deadlines, and you will utilise your design skills by amending or creating electrical infrastructure drawings. You will have ownership of specific projects from project plan creation through to the distribution of the project and you will assist managers in the collection of data which will be centric to project delivery.
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting projects alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers. We can offer you the opportunity to work and learn with a specialist team, working on business critical projects and liaising cross-functionally to deliver your objectives.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500p/a
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- To be on track for a 2:1 or above in a relevant Electrical or Power & controls engineering degree
- Previous experience working with design software, electrical/control understanding or similar
- A collaborative style which will enable you to effectively challenge convention, offering solutions that are resourceful and appropriate
- A pride in the quality of the projects you deliver, ensuring that every detail is considered and presented in a methodical, conscientious and professional manner
- Great organisational skills with the ability to deliver within strict deadlines
- Enthusiasm and a genuine passion for what we do
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre which will take place between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2023
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.