Quality Engineering Placement Brixworth 2024
During your Quality Engineering Placement, you will work to understand the challenges we face to refine existing production methods in order to improve quality, capacity or to reduce cost for the 8X World Championship winning team. You will have the opportunity to experience a rotation within our highly dedicated quality inspection team, to develop a broader knowledge of quality principles, all whilst working on real engines components within tight deadlines.
Finally, you will gain Quality Systems and ISO 9001 knowledge, working in a High Performance environment, and you will have the autonomy to actively contribute to your team, suggesting new methods of working or challenging existing methods if other options are available.
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development Centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of Formula 1’s best engineers.
Our benefits package includes
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above in a relevant engineering subject -
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies, ideally within an associated Quality role or environment would be desirable
- A team player, able to build relationships across the wider business
- A flexible and adaptable approach which will enable you to develop your skills
- An open and innovative mind, as most of the problems we solve are not run of the mill
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills with a focus on continuous improvement
The application process
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview which will take place between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the results in due course. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.