Marketing Industrial Placement Exeter 2024
The Met Office is delighted to open our advertising for a number of progressive Industrial Placements, which will commence from July 2024 until July 2025.
What we are offering
We are looking for an exceptional Marketing Industrial Placement to help us make a difference to our planet.
Our Marketing Industrial Placement will work a hybrid pattern of homeworking, spending an average of one or two days a week in our Exeter HQ.
Our opportunity is full time, 37 hours per week. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we'll do our best to agree a working pattern that works for everyone.
Why join us?
We invest in our people to unlock their full potential. As our Marketing Industrial Placement, we will support you to develop and thrive to be the best you can be. We champion positive physical and mental health in the workplace and are committed to being an inclusive organisation, providing a working culture that actively values an equal and diverse workforce.
As our Marketing Industrial Placement, your salary will be £25606.00.
Whilst this is a temporary position until July 2025, there is potential for it to develop into an opportunity to join our Graduate Development scheme once you complete your University studies.
Your package includes:
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- 27.5 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Access to discounted shopping, inclusive of retail, leisure and lifestyle brands
Who we are
Right across the world, every single day, people make decisions based on the weather. We have a strong purpose and provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science, helping people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
Our exceptional people deliver scientific, technological and operational expertise, working together to deliver extraordinary impact, making us one of the most trusted forecasters in the world.
Our Industrial Placement programme offers ambitious and capable undergraduates the opportunity to gain valuable experience working alongside diverse and highly skilled experts in their field. You’ll be working on projects that really matter and will make a difference. Whilst the placement is a temporary position until July 2024, there is potential for it to develop into an opportunity to join our Graduate programme after you finish your studies.
- We’re a force for good - focusing on our environmental and social impact
- We’re experts by nature - always learning and developing to do things better
- We live and breathe it - putting our purpose at the heart of decision-making
- We’re better together - understanding partnerships and inclusivity make us greater
- We keep evolving - pushing boundaries to make tomorrow better for our customers
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Met Office on a 12-month Year-In Industry placement. We will help you use and develop a wide range of business and personal skills, ensuring you gain the most value possible from your experience with us. You will build your knowledge within our Marketing team, as well as network with our cohort of Industrial placements. At the end of the placement year, you will have a deeper understanding of what we do and the global impact we make – as well as the opportunities open to you in the Met Office after you graduate.
The placements will be exposed to the wide range of work delivered by the Marketing team. This will include getting involved in Market Research and Insight, Analytics, understanding and Marketing our services - as well as involvement in developing the marketing mix. Your work will make a real difference, helping to put our customers and stakeholders first – and helping them make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
Your work is likely to include:
- Getting involved in market research projects and pulling through the results to business teams and their plans;
- Working with the Marketing Managers in the Public Weather Service, Government and Industry to develop your skills in business and marketing planning;
- Working with Marketing Managers and the Communications team to help event organisation, including webinars or face to face workshops;
- Suggesting, and leading on, Internal website improvement for some of our Industry business areas;
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to evolve the marketing mix for our business segments.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
We are looking for candidates who share our values:
- We are better together - you have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and not afraid to share your ideas;
- We live and breathe it – you take pride in your work and can demonstrate how you consider the end user or customer;
- We are experts by nature – you can demonstrate an understanding of marketing, including knowledge of the marketing mix and key elements of market planning;
- We keep evolving – you have experience of managing multiple projects or tasks and have a record of delivering on time;
- We are a force for good – you know how to research and gather market insight - with an understanding of how to pull that through to business plans.
How to apply
If you share our values, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by clicking the link below and complete the application form making sure to providence evidence in your examples how you meet each of the essential criteria - we recommend candidates use the CARL (Context, Action, Result and Learning) method for presenting evidence of skills and taking a read through the application tips document attached to the bottom of this advert.
We are accepting applications until 21/01/2024 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 20/02/2024. You will hear from us once the closing date has passed. Please note we often receive a high volume of applications but we will contact everyone who applies. Our interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.
If successful, please note we are unable to offer expenses for travel to your normal place of work. Please ask at interview if you would like extra clarity on how often this requirement is likely to be.
How we can help
If you are considering applying and need assistance to do so, please contact us via askHR@metoffice.gov.uk. You can request adjustments either within your application or by contacting us. Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity.