Product Futures & Partnerships Industrial Placement Exeter 2024
The Met Office is delighted to open our advertising for a number of progressive Industrial Placements, which will commence from July 2024 until July 2025.
What we are offering
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Futures & Partnerships - Industrial Placement 2024 to help us make a difference to our planet.
As our Product Futures & Partnerships - Industrial Placement 2024 you will work a hybrid pattern and will be on site at Exeter HQ a minimum of one day per week. You can choose to work more frequently in our state-of-the-art office if you'd prefer.
Our opportunity is full time, 37 hours per week. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we'll do our best to agree a working pattern that works for everyone
Why join us?
We invest in our people to unlock their full potential. As our Product Futures & Partnerships - Industrial Placement 2024, we will support you to develop and thrive to be the best you can be. We champion positive physical and mental health in the workplace and are committed to being an inclusive organisation, providing a working culture that actively values an equal and diverse workforce.
As our Product Futures & Partnerships - Industrial Placement 2024, your starting salary will be £25606.00.
Whilst this is a temporary position until July 2025, there is potential for it to develop into an opportunity to join our Graduate Development scheme once you complete your University studies.
Your package includes:
- Flexible hours and homeworking
- 27.5 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Access to discounted shopping, inclusive of retail, leisure and lifestyle brands
Who we are
We provide critical weather services and world-leading climate science to deliver extraordinary impact and benefit across the globe. Our work helps people make better decisions to stay safe and thrive.
Our Industrial Placement scheme offers ambitious and capable undergraduates the opportunity to gain valuable experience working alongside diverse and highly skilled experts in their field. You’ll be working on projects that really matter and will make a difference.
- We’re a force for good - focusing on our environmental and social impact
- We’re experts by nature - always learning and developing to do things better
- We live and breathe it - putting our purpose at the heart of decision-making
- We’re better together - understanding partnerships and inclusivity make us greater
- We keep evolving - pushing boundaries to make tomorrow better for our customers
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Met Office on a 12-month Year In Industry placement, developing your skills and knowledge and ensuring you gain the most value possible from your experience with us. You will have the opportunity to network with our cohort of Industrial Placement all over the Met Office and understand what career opportunities we can offer you after you graduate.
As our Product Futures & Partnerships - Industrial Placement 2024, your key responsibilities are:
- Understanding the current and future customer and user landscape.
- Developing ideas on how Met Office can deliver value within that landscape.
- Identifying internal and external stakeholders and developing appropriate relationships.
- Validating ideas and opportunities, both directly and via internal teams.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- You keep abreast of technology developments, and think about how they can improve business and society. (Keep Evolving)
- You can evidence being part of well-functioning teams who have worked on common objective. (Better Together)
- You are inquisitive, wanting to learn and critically evaluate new knowledge. (Expert By Nature)
- You have demonstrable experience working in teams to the benefit of the environment or community. (Force For Good)
- You see things through to completion. (Live And Breathe It)
How to apply
If you share our values, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by clicking the link below and complete the application form making sure to providence evidence in your examples how you meet each of the essential criteria - we recommend candidates use the CARL (Context, Action, Result and Learning) method for presenting evidence of skills and taking a read through the application tips document attached to the bottom of this advert.
Closing date 21/01/2024 at 23:59 with interviews commencing from 20/02/2024. Please note we often receive a high volume of applications but we will contact everyone who applies once the closing date has passed.
If successful, please note we are unable to offer expenses for travel to your normal place of work. This post is contractually aligned to Exeter HQ, please ask at interview if you would like extra clarity on how often this requirement is likely to be.
How we can help
If you are considering applying and need support to do so, please contact us via askHR@metoffice.gov.uk. You can request adjustments either within your application or by contacting us. Should you be offered an interview, please be aware there may be a selection exercise which could include a presentation, written test or a scenario-based activity. You can select in your application to be considered under the Disability Confident Scheme. To be invited to interview/assessment under this scheme, your application must meet the essential criteria for the role.
We understand that great minds don’t always think alike and as an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from those with all protected characteristics. We recruit on merit, fairness, and open competition in line with the Civil Service Code.