Computer Graphics and Computational Optics Intern
- Write, review, and share code as a part of a team.
- Solving programming related problems and optimizing code.
- Improve the mathematical modelling of the system.
- Attend regular meetings over Teams.
For the successful candidate, this post will be an excellent opportunity to acquire new skills and knowledge, in a scientifically diverse and stimulating environment. The intern will be based in Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, interns are expected to work from home. However, successful candidates must live in the UK during their internship. If the conditions allow it and it is safe, any physical meetings will occur in Cambridge, UK. The duration of the internship is 12-16 weeks and is expected to be completed by June 2021. Microsoft provides competitive enumeration and will cover part of the travel expenses.
Essential skills are:
- Strong programming skills, especially in C++
- First degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or relevant subject
- Good understanding of computer graphics and signal processing techniques.
- Strong knowledge of underlying mathematical concepts behind graphics programming.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Basic understanding of optics
- Experience with MatLab, Julia and Visual Studio
- Experience with Mixed Realty programming
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services