Machine Intelligence, Deep Learning Internship 2022
The deep learning revolution has enabled novel applications in many domains such as vision, speech, natural language processing, gaming, and the natural sciences. In the Machine Intelligence group we push the boundary of deep learning technology by inventing novel models and algorithms for challenging applications. As part of that, our team is using ML to accelerate molecular discovery.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to work on applying deep learning to chemical synthesis. Achieving this goal will require fusing Deep Neural Networks with approaches from classical Computer Science, like graph rewriting operations, grammars or search. We are anticipating this will be a virtual internship and the intern must be physically located in UK at the time of their application and during the duration of their internship.
- Design, implementation, and experimental validation of deep learning models and algorithms
- Collaboration with other researchers and engineers as part of a project team
- Clearly communicating research ideas and results in writing, such as research papers, presentations, or research notes for internal and external audiences
- Understanding and demonstrated research track record of deep learning techniques, for example through active research in a related PhD program or equivalent research experience
- Experience in building machine learning systems with PyTorch, Tensorflow, and/or JAX
- Demonstrated ability to write good quality code, programming abilities in Python, comfortable with using Git and GitHub processes such as code reviews, and software testing principles
- Papers in academic conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI), journals, or workshops
- Familiarity with Graph Neural Networks, Graph Theory, Modern Tree Search or Reinforcement Learning
- Knowledge about rdkit and Generative Models for Molecules
- Organic Chemistry knowledge
The perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.