Investment Management Off-cycle Internship (Global Risk & Analysis) Dublin 2023
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.3 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,248 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 24 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
The Risk Management Team within MSIM is responsible for identifying, assessing, managing and monitoring risk across Investment Management and providing reporting and analysis for clients, regulators, Investment Management and Firm Management. Global Risk & Analysis is divided into three primary functions:
- Investment risk groups (Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives and Cross-Asset) have responsibility for management of investment risk across their respective asset classes
- Operational risk identifies, assesses and monitors operational risk across Investment Management and works both with the investment teams and control functions to mitigate that risk
- Quantitative risk develops and validates models used for portfolio construction, valuation, and risk measurement across Investment Management
The internship will commence in October 2023 and typically lasts twelve months. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
Interns will have the opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills they will need to succeed. Interns will learn to employ the skills fundamental to risk management for an asset management firm, including:
- Reading and interpreting regulatory requirements for EMEA frameworks
- Testing new risk metrics to comply with new regulations
- Reviewing methodologies employed to comply with new regulations
- Preparing reports for existing funds to comply with existing and new requirements
- Assisting in monitoring, managing and reporting exposures at a counterparty, product and portfolio level
- Researching emerging risks and developing insights into market behaviour
- Assisting in board and regulatory reporting
- Collaborate with various risk teams on projects
Qualifications/ skills/ requirements
- You will have graduated (or be able to take the time off to commit for a full-time internship role for twelve months if you are currently in study) and have a strong interest in finance
- You are fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would be an advantage
- You have superior attention to detail
- You have the ability to manage dynamic priorities
- Advanced analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player