Investment Management Off-cycle Internship (International Products) London 2024
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With 1,248 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources. To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: Solutions & Multi-Asset, Real Assets, Active Fundamental Equity, Private Credit & Equity, Global Fixed Income, and Global Liquidity. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
About the role
The International Product team look after multiple cross-border fund ranges covering the range of investment capabilities across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative funds with c. $100+bn of assets under management. This role will provide exposure to a wide range of internal departments and will give a unique insight into the entire asset management business.
The role of the International Product team is to develop, and through active post-launch management, maintain mutual funds for MSIM’s business outside the US. This encompasses assisting internal teams (Sales and Portfolio Management) in defining which products are needed to support investment strategies, and launch those products in a commercially successful, high-quality manner. After launch, the team must ensure that the funds remain optimally positioned and commercially viable as client requirements and the regulatory and competitive environments change.
The internship will commence in Jan 2024 and lasts twelve months. This internship will offer you an exciting and a dynamic work environment where you get to work alongside our diverse group of experienced professionals. The work that you do will be interesting and varied.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- Supporting members of the team on new product launches and enhancements to existing products
- Ongoing maintenance of existing fund ranges
- Product Literature:
- Assisting with quarterly board reporting and scheduled reporting to meet client and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the management and support of Kneip in their role as disseminators of NAVs and other information to electronic media
- Assisting with KIID production, including both continual ad hoc updates and the annual review
- Supporting the wider business:
- Dealing with ad hoc requests through Sales teams including client requests and RFP queries
- Assisting in the registration in new jurisdictions to enter markets to meet business requirements
- Researching competitor fund information and producing market analysis, including the preparation of high-level summary reports and highlights.
Qualifications/ skills/ requirements
- You have graduated from university or able to take the time off to commit for a full time internship role for twelve months if you are currently in study
- You are fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would be an advantage
- You are adaptive, a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker. You can present your conclusions in a clear and well-structured manner
- You are analytical with excellent attention to detail and well suited to working within a small team environment
- You have good presentation skills