Digital Infrastructure Engineering Graduate Brighton 2024
Our graduate Digital Infrastructure engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver innovative and sustainable solutions in the built environment. Our work spans a variety of sectors including Building Services, Energy & Nuclear and Transportation.
As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, digital infrastructure engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and quicker performance.
- You will be working within the Building Services part of the business, but will focus on the Digital Infrastructure technologies such as:
- Telecommunication systems
- Electronic physical security system (CCTV, access control, intruder detection)
- Structured cabling systems
- Active data network and IT systems
- Life safety systems (fire detection, public address, voice alarm, emergency voice communication systems)Audio-Visual systemsBuilding and industrial control and integration systems
- Audio-Visual systems
- Building and industrial control and integration systems
We are looking for committed and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for technology and digital systems
engineering and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months relevant work experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines or similar:
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Computer Systems and Networks Engineering
- Engineering Science specialising in electrical
- Instrumentation and Control
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in digital infrastructure engineering through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
This opportunity will require you to be eligible to achieve security clearance.
Security clearance is dictated by the types of projects we work on and normally requires you to be a UK British national or lived in the UK for five years or more.
Use of AI tools in our application process
In today's fast-paced and technology-driven world, we understand that candidates may use various tools, including AI, to enhance their applications. Whilst we embrace the changes technology brings, we also value the importance of authenticity and genuine human connection.
At Mott MacDonald, we are interested in the unique qualities, experiences, and perspectives that you as an individual can bring. We want to emphasise that what truly sets you apart is your authentic self and to consider this when making an application. Please be prepared to answer questions during your interview, based on the information you have provided in your application form.Job Profile
About your development
A graduate position should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate roles, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year soft-skills development programme which develops the strengths that we know graduates need to be successful at Mott MacDonald. It also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) challenges. We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
What we offer
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs, including season ticket loans, restaurant discounts and gym membership.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.