Graduate Electrical Engineering Belfast 2024
Please note that for these graduate opportunties we are happy for you to simply apply with a CV and the option to include a cover letter. We don't have a closing date at this stage, however, we recommend that you apply soon so that you don't miss out.
As a graduate electrical engineer in Mott MacDonald, you will work in world class teams to design and deliver cost effective, innovative and sustainable solutions on local and international projects.
We have opportunities in our Building Services and Energy teams
You will be responsible for delivering functional design solutions on projects across our built environment, power, transportation, and water sectors, ensuring that we create a visually appealing and comfortable environment, using our ingenuity, in both our own disciplines and in integrated thinking.
As an electrical engineer you will be helping to provide cost effective and sustainable solutions to ensure that buildings and systems perform in an efficient and effective manner, delivering solutions that address the challenge of ever-increasing social need at a time of decreasing resources as well as the essential need to reduce carbon emissions, and as the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services you will play a central role in creating the smart infrastructure for our sustainable future.
Our electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions. Our work spans a variety of sectors including energy, aviation, buildings, ports, rail & metros, and water. In our energy sector we undertake projects in power transmission and distribution, energy systems, hydropower, renewable energy, thermal generation, nuclear services, and oil & gas. This particular role will be within our power transmission and distribution team.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for civil engineering and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one in electrical engineering or a similar relevant subject.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in the role and working at Mott MacDonald through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
What we're looking for
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
As we want the best people for the role, we support flexible working. Please ask us at interview stage about any flexibility you may need.
About your development
A graduate position should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate roles, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a mentor who will support you on your journey to gaining professional recognition within your chosen discipline
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year soft-skills development programme alongside all of the other graduates in your cohort across our Europe & UK region. In partnership with Cappfinity, a global leader in talent mobility, we have identified the skills that drive success amongst early career talent within Mott MacDonald, and have designed a learning experience to enable you to develop these skills delivered through a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and group challenges. Also giving you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development journey to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
What we offer
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer.
Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer to suit your specific needs, including season ticket loans, restaurant discounts and gym membership.