Innovation Graduate @One Peterborough 2024
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2024 and beyond we are searching for an Innovation Graduate to join our Professional Development Programme for our autumn 2024 intake, based in Peterborough for our @one Alliance.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
What will you be doing
Joining a forward-thinking and driven Innovation team, you’ll focus on either helping our teams to find solutions to their current and future challenges by identifying value- added innovations or support the ongoing development and implementation of our carbon strategy and play a key role in supporting design and delivery teams in meeting our Carbon and Sustainability targets.
You’ll take an active role in building our @One Alliance carbon, sustainability and innovation ‘brand’, including working directly with project teams and communicating widely about innovative carbon reduction opportunities.
In addition, you’ll develop your soft skills and understand the importance of an efficient and proactive Innovation team in a dynamic and robust environment.
- Develop positive and proactive working relationships with project teams to become one of the ‘go to’ individuals for innovation, carbon and sustainability knowledge to help project teams to deliver on @One’s targets
- Use available data (both quantitative and quality) to provide insights into business challenges and the true root cause of problems that require innovative solutions
- Work with @One’s suppliers to support their carbon reduction journey; helping upskill them and provide support in developing robust carbon assessments for their products and services
- Understand the importance of stakeholders in innovation; develop sound stakeholder engagement approaches/ techniques/ strategies to smooth innovation projects landing
- Be a positive advocate for the team and innovation within the business. Actively promoting the team's capability and offerings
- Be involved in a host of projects which promote the use of innovation to enhance our social impact of the regions we serve
What MWH offer
Along with of structured learning and development throughout your graduate scheme and beyond, MWH also offer a variety of benefits, such as;
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Gym memberships
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme - free mental health support, financial advice
- And many more benefits including Sports and Social club membership
- Preferably a degree in a degree in a scientific or engineering discipline and have an awareness and understanding of relevant industry standards and directives and how we need to apply in @One i.e. PAS2080.
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or have the ability to make their own way to our sites and offices
MWH Treatment is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as MWH Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
At MWH Treatment we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables MWH Treatment to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace.