Graduate Digital Engineer Development Programme 2024
Picture this – it’s 2026, and you’ve just completed your journey within the NCC’s Digital Engineering graduate scheme. You joined the NCC, envisioning yourself as a digital engineering or data science graduate. Now you are harnessing digital technology to fuel innovation, agility and growth. You’ve discovered your identity and potential as an engineer in the digital realm.
For some people, 2 years of shadowing someone and going through the motions of career development will be enough. These aren’t NCC people. Our objective is to develop you into a well-rounded Digital engineer who can develop innovative and impactful digital solutions. It takes a certain type of person to make the most of this opportunity. If you’re proactive and want to take charge of your career this could be you.
About the role
You’ll have the opportunity to work with engineering and manufacturing companies and digital technology providers of all sizes. Working across industry, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping them to reduce costs, enhance their productivity, reduce time to market and develop sustainable products.
How would it feel to be truly recognised? Our people are our most important asset, and we work hard to keep them engaged. We’re careful to look after your welfare, so our flexible working hours give you plenty of time to experience all that Bristol has to offer. It’s a city which regularly tops the ‘best place to live in Britain’ list and has something for everyone.
It’s the NCC experience that makes our graduates some of the most sought after in industry. If you genuinely want to work in Digital Engineering (and we’ll be able to tell) then the NCC is the place for you.
Leave your preconceived notions of who you are as a Digital engineer at the door, find your true engineering self at the NCC.
To join us, you’ll need a degree in a relevant or applicable subject such as Data Science, Computer Science or Advanced Mathematics. We are seeking individuals who demonstrate adaptability, enthusiasm, and strong motivation. A willingness to cultivate skills in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is essential.
Our graduate programme lasts for 2 years. During this time, Under the Digital Engineering scheme, you will join the Digital team as a direct entry graduate giving you the opportunity to develop your skills across a variety of challenges within the business.
You'll receive a competitive starting salary plus a welcome bonus.
What else do we offer in return?
Hybrid and flexible working patterns as standard, company paid private medical insurance, up to 12.5% employer pension contribution, great people, honorary staff status at the University of Bristol, a genuine focus on learning and development, and a chance to build your career in a thriving R&D facility with a bright future.
We see your future in ours. Apply now.
The below outlines the anticipated recruitment timescales.
- Apply to this advert with your CV by 12/01/2024. Please note this advert may be closed early if high volumes of applications are received. We would therefore encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
- Deadline for completing the online application form (https://forms.office.com/e/2hAdFUSLjH): 19/01/2024
- Shortlist announcements: Week commencing 05/02/2024
- Shortlist teams calls: Week commencing 19/02/2024
- Interview invites issued: Week commencing 26/02/2024
- Interviews: Week commencing 11/03/2024
- Offers made – End of March 2024
- Start date – 30 th September 2024
About the company
Not sure you meet all the requirements? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs if they think they may not meet every qualification, when in fact they often do. At the NCC we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We ensure that all hiring decisions are made without regard to age, race, national origin, sex, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, or any other protected characteristics, and will treat all applications with the strictest confidence. We’re always open to hearing how we can support flexible working in different ways, including part-time work.
Please don’t be afraid to ask about what we can do to support your needs. All requests will be carefully and fairly considered. We wish you every success in your job search.
Why the NCC?
We see our success in yours. The future of composites manufacturing relies on the NCC, and we rely on the right individuals to make it happen, whether they’re engineers or not!
- Diverse challenges – the NCC isn’t just about aerospace. We’re working with over 16 sectors and a variety of customers, from private ventures to the global tier 1 companies, providing variety to your experience.
- Innovation – a world-leading research and development centre, the work we do brings novel and innovative solutions to industry, with the future firmly in mind. So we need innovating thinking not just in Engineering, but across all support functions.
- Development in composites, and you – if the scope of exciting work isn’t enough to sway you, our ethos of continued learning and development and flexible working patterns will.
We look forward to hearing from you.