Graduate Project Management Development Programme 2024
Unlock Your Potential in Project Management at the National Composites Centre.
Visualize this: it's 2026, and you've just completed your journey within the NCC's Project Management Development Scheme. You joined the NCC with the ambition to manage a diverse portfolio of projects from across the business. Today, you're at the helm of a major project within our sustainability program. You've uncovered your true passion as a project manager.
About the role
For some, following the conventional path for career development is enough. But the NCC isn't for those content with the ordinary; we seek those with extraordinary aspirations.
Our mission is to transform you into a versatile project manager, allowing you to manage a dynamic range of projects from various sectors across our business. It takes a unique individual to seize this opportunity. If you're a proactive professional eager to steer your career, this is your chance.
Picture an environment where you're directing the next generation of aircraft wing projects one month and overseeing a groundbreaking Paralympian initiative the next. We traverse a multitude of industries, spanning aerospace, renewable energy, construction, digital, defence and everything in between.
How would it feel to be truly acknowledged? At the NCC, our team is our most invaluable asset, and we're dedicated to keeping them engaged. Your well-being matters to us; that's why our flexible working hours allow you ample time to explore the vibrant city of Bristol. It's a place that consistently ranks as one of the 'best places to live in Britain,' catering to a diverse array of interests.
It's the NCC experience that transforms our graduates into some of the most sought-after professionals in the industry. If you genuinely aspire to excel in project management within Manufacturing and Engineering, then the NCC is your destination.
Leave your preconceived notions of a project manager at the door and embark on a journey to discover your true project management self at the NCC.
To join us, you’ll need a degree in STEM or economics.
Our graduate programme lasts for 2 years. Under the Project Management scheme, you will join the PMO team as a direct entry graduate giving you the opportunity to develop your skills across a variety of sectors within the business.
You’ll be supported by a structured training programme consisting of both technical and personal development courses, such as the APM Project Fundamentals Course.
You'll receive a competitive starting salary plus a welcome bonus.
What else do we offer in return?
Hybrid and flexible working patterns as standard, company paid private medical insurance, up to 12.5% employer pension contribution, great people, honorary staff status at the University of Bristol, a genuine focus on learning and development, and a chance to build your career in a thriving R&D facility with a bright future.
We see your future in ours. Apply now.
The below outlines the anticipated recruitment timescales.
- Apply to this advert with your CV by 12/01/2024. Please note this advert may be closed early if high volumes of applications are received. We would therefore encourage early applications to avoid disappointment.
- Deadline for completing the online application form (https://forms.office.com/e/2hAdFUSLjH): 19/01/2024
- Shortlist announcements: Week commencing 05/02/2024
- Shortlist teams calls: Week commencing 19/02/2024
- Interview invites issued: Week commencing 26/02/2024
- Interviews: Week commencing 11/03/2024
- Offers made – End of March 2024
- Start date – 30 th September 2024
About the company
Not sure you meet all the requirements? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs if they think they may not meet every qualification, when in fact they often do. At the NCC we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We ensure that all hiring decisions are made without regard to age, race, national origin, sex, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, or any other protected characteristics, and will treat all applications with the strictest confidence. We’re always open to hearing how we can support flexible working in different ways, including part-time work.
Please don’t be afraid to ask about what we can do to support your needs. All requests will be carefully and fairly considered. We wish you every success in your job search.
Why the NCC?
We see our success in yours. The future of composites manufacturing relies on the NCC, and we rely on the right individuals to make it happen, whether they’re engineers or not!
- Diverse challenges – the NCC isn’t just about aerospace. We’re working with over 16 sectors and a variety of customers, from private ventures to the global tier 1 companies, providing variety to your experience.
- Innovation – a world-leading research and development centre, the work we do brings novel and innovative solutions to industry, with the future firmly in mind. So we need innovating thinking not just in Engineering, but across all support functions.
- Development in composites, and you – if the scope of exciting work isn’t enough to sway you, our ethos of continued learning and development and flexible working patterns will.
We look forward to hearing from you.