Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability Internship London 2024
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours, we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
Why Strategy Corporate Development Sustainability
Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability sits at the heart of our strategic agenda – to build a purposeful relationship bank for a digital world.
We’re made up of teams across Strategy, Economics, Sustainable Banking, Climate, Corporate Development, and Partnerships and Innovation; working together to shape our future and make sure we’re building a sustainable, innovative and purposeful bank.
Our worldclass summer internship
We’ve designed our Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability summer internship to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
At the end of the placement, we’ll assess you on what you’ve learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability graduate programme, where you can carry the skills you’ve learnt forward and take the next step in your career.
Over the course of this eight-week programme, you can look forward to:
- Accelerating your strategic capability
- Seeing first-hand how we work together as one-bank to deliver an outstanding service for our customers
- Learning about our culture, values and goals
- Attending training workshops and getting involved with our day-to-day work
- Exploring your capability by taking part in a business improvement project
- Understanding how to set and drive an effective strategic agenda
- Gaining a unique insight into our response to the climate crisis
How you’ll benefit
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £22,600 If you join a team based in London, you’ll be awarded an additional allowance of £3,450 (pro-rata).
Plus, you can expect to:
- Learn from industry experts and immediately apply your learnings
- Enrich your learning with access to world-leading research and insights
- Test and learn new approaches in a safe, inclusive environment
- Start building a global professional network
- Grow your confidence, build your resilience, and elevate your presence
- Experience first-hand what it’s like working in a purpose-driven organisation
To be eligible for our Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability internship you’ll need:
- To be in your penultimate year of university
- To be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- A genuine passion for problem solving
Ready to apply
The application window for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to fill our cohort. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out!
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.