School to Swoosh Brand Creative Graphic Design Internship London 2024
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
School to swoosh
School To Swoosh is a new education incubator for innovation. This is about giving young talent the chance to propel the industry into exciting new dimensions, enriching it with new ways of thinking and setting new standards.
Who we are looking for
As a Brand Creative Graphic Design Intern, you will be part of the team rethinking how our consumers interact with the brand first-hand. It’s an exciting role, which connects the dots between various disciplines from art direction to architecture and environmental design. You will be based in the Nike London Brand Creative Studio.
In this position you will train your conceptual creative muscle to drive the brand experience across every consumer touchpoint within a brand narrative led and digitally enabled, physical setting. The work in London will focus on brand narrative led: product launches, brand events, digital activations, and retail brand storytelling — working on strategy, concept, and execution against digital & physical consumer experiences.
You have interest and a willingness to grow in the following disciplines:
- Physical & digital experiential design
- Art direction & graphic design
- Architecture & environmental design
We appreciate if you love to geek out on what is happening in the digital realm and the metaverse to offer top-notch experiences for our consumers. You are passionate and feel connected to the creative industry – looking at the latest trends in art direction, graphic design, set design, and consumer experience design.
We are not looking for a spotless, impressive CV.
What will you work on
You will work alongside Designers and Directors across many seasonal marketing briefs and, occasionally, longer-term projects. You will gain experience delivering high-quality physical & digital experiential projects from concept to execution and communicating design concepts to various internal and external audiences throughout the creative process. You will:
- Support developing the look and feel, layout, visual language, and visual execution of the campaigns
- Contribute to different squads on a daily/weekly basis and have the ability to jump across many varied projects
- supporting the teams across multiple consumer touch points, from brand defining to member defining with full end-to-end communication.
- Understand the consumer trends and the craft of graphic design, cropping, typography and photo direction
Who you will work with
Your role will be part of the team that is most integral to our marketing strategy, with a diverse set of internal stakeholders. You will work with our internal creative teams and frequently help the internal design team guide agencies/artists to develop the executional craft of a project.
What you bring to nike
- Respectful, proactive and has a deep appreciation for diversity and equality in the workplace. You must embody Nike’s maxims and culture.
- Passionate about sports, the sports lifestyle, and the culture around it.
- Be humble, have an eagerness to listen, learn and contribute.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Passionate about reinventing how we approach traditional ways of working. Unafraid to challenge the past and leading new creative ways of thinking and working.
- Great sense of judgment and decision-making. Emotionally intelligent with a growth mindset.
- An artistic flair with an interesting, design-focused way of thinking creatively.
- Ability to apply and perform design skills that include – drawing, concept ideation, typography, color theory, art direction, graphic design, visual presentation & layout.
- Knowledge of Adobe CC and Keynote. 3D design/render software is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply these skills in innovative ways that elevate brand excellence, with a comprehensive knowledge of design processes.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.