Supply Chain Management Placement Sunderland 2024
Nissan Sunderland Plant is capable of manufacturing over 500,000 cars per year. The Supply Chain Management team ensures that global supply in to the UK is as cost effective and efficient as possible. Without the SCM team, cars could not be built. It is a complex, multi-dimensional operation covering logistics, inventory control, project management and supplier management.
The Supply Chain Management team are an integral part of Nissan; responsible for getting the right parts and vehicles, to the right place, at the right time and at the right cost.
There are a variety of roles available within the SCM function:
- Parts control - manage the inbound supply of components from a global supply base whilst maintaining lean inventory levels.
- Design change control - work as an interface between the Design team and the manufacturing plant to ensure the smooth introduction of material changes.
- Production planning - work with internal production shops to schedule their production, and interface with the Sales & Marketing team to understand customer demand.
- Inbound logisitics - liaise with logistics providers to design and engineer innovative and cost-effective global logistics solutions.
- Outbound logistics - are responsible for the delivery of vehicles from all production sources to final dealer locations across international overseas markets.
What you’ll be doing
You will be given a real job with real responsibilities in one of the disciplines within Supply Chain Management as soon as you join us. You will be assigned a mentor who will oversee your activities, ensuring you are operating at the correct level as your knowledge base expands. Eventually you will be fully responsible for the operation assigned to you.
What you'll need
- Currently in Year 2 of a Bachelors degree or Year 3 of an integrated Masters subject (Business related, Social sciences, Languages, Sciences, Maths related, English, Humanities)
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Ability to partake in a 13-month placement as part of their course
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Creative thinking / problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker
- Flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office software (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage