Graduate Customer Support Brighton 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy is a tech-led energy business, bringing fairer, greener energy to everyone, and leading the transition to a future powered by renewable sources rather than dirty power.
Our tech platformKraken, and the power of the smart meter, lead the way to a renewable energy future by taking the peak-time strain off the National Grid and enabling a unique consumer-led opportunity to transition to a flexible smart grid. Or in other words, our tech works with smart meters to offer customers cheaper, greener power, when the wind blows and the sun shines, right now.
Our smart meter programme is the hardware backbone of that innovation. We're building a field force of engineers and support staff to install Smart Meters as well as Green Energy Products such as EV Charging Points, Air Source Heat Pumps and Solar Panels. We pride ourselves on delivering on the doorstep, the same outrageous customer service that has seen Octopus Energy achieve 5-star Trust Pilot ratings (with over 25,000 reviews) and the only energy company to be recommended by Which? six years in a row
We're looking for awesome people to join us as Customer Support Specialists - this is a broad role, involving a spectrum of responsibilities. You will use your customer service experience to be the primary contact of our field team and all customers, assisting with any query regarding the installation of our low carbon tech.
- You will be there to answer any queries that come in from our customers as well as our field teams - whether this be scheduling our engineers, looking at customer meter data, dealing with customer complaints (we know it's pretty impossible to be perfect.. but we try!)
- You will utilise your analytical skills to report error patterns to relevant stakeholders and ultimately improve operational efficiency and the customer service experience
- You will get under the skin of what it means to operate an energy company end-to-end and gain an in-depth understanding of a dynamic industry
- You will be comfortable taking payments from customers and using your knowledge to progress leads, highlighting the benefits of purchasing through the Octopus Energy Group
What you'll need
- Successful candidates will be outgoing and have a passion for building strong relationships with customers
- You’ll have a strong understanding of how to provide a great customer experience through both written and verbal communication methods
- You’ll be a passionate team player who wants to work in a collaborative team environment.
- You’ll have a desire to learn and understand technical aspects of installations, products and Tariffs - but you don't need previous experience with this!
What we value
- We will invest in your professional training and development!
- Shifts are 8 hours between 8am - 10pm weekdays, on a rota basis. Weekend shifts occur every 6 weeks, for which you’ll get a weekday off in lieu
- Salary: £23,400.00 per year with 1200 share options
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic.
Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.