Sr. Account Development Executive Reading 2024
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText has developed global Centres of Excellence for Account Development to support best-in-class cloud software technology and solutions.
You will be joining a social, high-performing team required to collaborate with peers to effectively attract and qualify prospects evaluating the purchase of OpenText solutions. The successful incumbent will be comfortable cold calling, cold emailing & engaging via social media and video. It is important that you have a basic understanding of B2B lead generation and business development.
If you are energetic, tech savvy, motivated and creative, this position will challenge and enhance your skillset. This is a quota-carrying role for career–minded individuals that offers a strong introduction and foundation for a future role in Sales, pre-sales, solution consultancy or management with a global software organization. You will receive a best-in-class onboarding and continuous on the job coaching and personalized development to support your professional growth.
ADEs are responsible for partnering with their Account Executives in the field to develop a territory strategy for discovering, nurturing, and qualifying a pipeline of leads, and converting those leads to Sales-qualified opportunities and revenue. ADEs are also responsible for working with their Sales & Solution Consultant Teams to actively support & progress opportunities through the sales pipeline funnel to close.
Their prospecting activity is split between outbound, strategic sales–driven prospecting, and following up inbound leads generated from prospect and customer engagement activated by Global campaigns and Regional Field Marketing. Success in this position is measured by qualified pipeline creation, pipeline acceleration and revenue, with activity-based metrics in place to achieve this outcome.
- This role uncovers & develops new business opportunities via outbound cold calling into targeted enterprise-level accounts by working strategically with an assigned Sales team of field-based Account Executives, articulating business value through persona-based research, storytelling, social selling, etc.
Inbound lead development
- This role is responsible for qualifying and developing new business leads that come from prospect and customer engagement across our campaigns and digital events to generate Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs). An inbound lead provides the opportunity for the ADE to build a profile of the customer pain points OpenText can resolve and a ‘way in’ to the organization to map the buying process and target additional contacts engaged in the process.
- ADEs will be assigned opportunities to progress working as part of a ‘win-team’ with an Account Executive and Solution Consultant. Activities include re-engagement to understand any blockers, changes in the buying team or decision-making process, change in organizational priorities, as well as nurturing additional relationships to move the opportunity forward.
- This role will act as a trusted business advisor and build customer relationships via outbound telephone cold-calling and the use of email, social media and video engagement
- This role identifies key contacts and target accounts through Salesforce.com and desk-based research tools (e.g., LinkedIn & DiscoverOrg).
- All lead generation activity, progress & forecasting is tracked and managed within Salesforce.com and Outreach using the approved processes and tools. ADEs provide weekly progress & forecasting updates in their manager 1:1 meeting
- ADEs qualify leads using the B2B BANT criteria: Budget, Authority, Need, Timeline and against approved prospecting sequences within Outreach
- Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) are approved and monitored for quality via our SQL definition process agreed with Sales.
What it takes to excel
- Achievement of quarterly targets
- Strong interpersonal and effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen and understand a prospect’s business challenges
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment
- Creative, can-do attitude when researching leads and cold calling prospects
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth tech environment - only constant is change
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Goal-oriented, positive, self-starter with strong analytical skills and a track record of autonomy, ownership, and execution
- Ability & desire for continuous learning
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator & DiscoverOrg a plus.
- Graduate or 1-2 years of proven successful outbound lead generation experience in a technology environment preferred
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at email@example.com.