Career Kickstarter Amsterdam 2024
Are you a student at a Dutch University ready to transition into a full-time trading career?
Optiver presents Career Kickstarter, an exclusive paid five-day initiative crafted for final-year students at Dutch universities. This program provides you with the foundational market making knowledge and skills essential for a career as a trader. Through interactive lectures, hands-on workshops and networking events, you'll delve into the practical and theoretical aspects of trading, preparing you to transition into a trading role upon graduation.
It's more than a learning experience—if you prove to be a good match for one of our trader roles, you may receive a full-time job offer once the program is complete.
Important note: To qualify for this program you need to be situated and studying in The Netherlands, with eligibility to work more than 16 hours per week. We do not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
When: 18 – 22 March, 2024.
What you'll do
Learning and skill development
- Explore options theory: Delve deeper into our operations through interactive lectures on the fundamentals of options theory.
- Learn about trading strategies: Discover how data, reports, and proposals drive the development of impactful new trading strategies.
- Design a trading algorithm: Gain hands-on experience designing and testing your own trading algorithm using real market data.
- Engage in risk-assessment games: Play exciting games that teach you to estimate and balance risk and reward.
Networking and culture
- Immerse in Optiver culture: Get a taste of Optiver’s incredible culture and enjoy our perks and benefits, including daily breakfast, lunch, coffee, and more.
- Network with industry professionals: Enjoy networking events with Traders, Quantitative Researchers, and Recruiters.
- Receive expert mentorship: Benefit from the guidance and support of our renowned Trading Education Team and Senior Traders.
- Enjoy a comfortable stay: You'll benefit from a fully expensed hotel accommodation in the heart of Amsterdam from March 17th to the 23rd, helping you make the most out of the week.
- BSc or MSc student graduating from a Dutch university between May 2023 – February 2025
- Currently situated in the Netherlands and eligible to work more than 16 hours per week
- All STEM degree backgrounds, including Econometrics, are considered
Who you are
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A proactive problem-solving nature
- Fast decision-making skills under pressure
- Competitive attitude and an eagerness to constantly improve yourself
- Excellent attention to detail
- Programming skills are not required, but definitely desirable
Who we are
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants.
With more than 2,000 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Apply now by submitting your CV and take the first step towards your trading career.
Please note that this application process consists of three stages: an online assessment, a behavioral interview, and a technical interview. You will receive the online assessment soon after submitting your application, and the interviews will follow in February.