Cloud Service Centre Site Reliability Developer Industrial Placement
Oracle is leading the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. Kick-start your career with some real responsibility and an incredible learning experience. You will be joining the OCSC (Oracle Cloud Service Centre) as an SRD (site reliability developer). Your job role will be helping Oracle ensure the availability of cloud services 24x7.365. You will leverage excellence in communication, technical/business analysis, problem solving and attention to detail to methodically resolve issues.
Join a fun and flexible workplace where you’ll enhance your skills and build a solid professional foundation. You will be working in a dev ops team, experiencing both development and operations. As a Cloud Service Centre Site Reliability Developer Intern you will be involved with:
- Administer production servers/services and test system health
- Offer mitigation paths to accelerate the process of system recovery
- Respond to monitoring alerts to quickly identify trouble source and execute defined SOPs to avoid or reduce event impact duration
- Undertake Incident Command training and experience working on an on-call rotation
- Fulfill tickets from internal and external customers related to the management of the Oracle Cloud Platform
- Develop scripts to enhance cloud reliability and/or automation
- Participate in an agile development scrum to fulfil user stories
- Define your own sprint goals and collaborate on the outcomes of Oracle Cloud Service Centre initiatives and quarterly objectives
- Coordinate with other scrum teams to fulfil the development objectives set out for the Oracle Cloud Service Centre.
- Embedding within other development teams.
- Using tools to show key performance indicators within the business to ensure targets are met.
Let’s see what you can achieve when you dare to be yourself. What we are looking for:
- Studying for a University degree in Computer Science, IT, or Technical based disciplines
- Articulate – strong presentation skills
- You will be Tech savvy and have a passion for technology; particularly development
- Interest in programming, cloud technology, servers and data centers
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage tasks and follow-up actions
- High energy, confident, outgoing and proactive
What you can expect from us
- Kick-start your career with a world leading organization,
- Experiencing working in a large multi-national corporation – join scrums with teams all over the world and do work related to your interests
- Tailor your experience to your interests and career goals.
- Embed with other teams to build your understanding of Oracle as a whole
- Learn from staff members and mentors with many years of experience what it takes to keep a service running
- Put into practice the skills and theory learned at university at a world leading organization mentored by professionals
- Take professional examinations to understand the underpinnings of what goes on behind the scenes and boost your cv and career