Ethical Hacking Graduate
You will be working alongside a world-class team of security experts in Global Product Security's Ethical Hacking Team (EHT), performing deeply technical security assessments across Oracle's product portfolio with the mission to improve security across all engineering groups within the company. Working in the EHT gives you access to years of collective experience in security assessment, reverse engineering, hardware security and everything in between.
We value individual contribution, and you will be given the freedom to learn and grow as a security engineer. We are passionate about sharing knowledge; the stronger you grow, the stronger the team becomes.
As an Ethical Hacking Graduate, you will be involved in all aspects of the security assessment life cycle.
- Work with one of the largest product portfolios in the industry. From established, widely used products such as RDBMS and Java, to newly developed products and corporate acquisitions, your next project could be anything.
- Develop your skills in software and hardware security assessment and use the in-depth knowledge you've gained to discover new security issues.
- Report your bugs and help the development group through the process of triaging and comprehensively fixing them.
- Identify patterns in the bugs you've raised and use this knowledge to write guidance that will drive change across Oracle's software engineering teams worldwide.
What you can expect
- You can expect to be exposed to both familiar and more esoteric programming languages, frameworks, software products, protocols and hardware.
- You can expect the thrill of the chase; meticulously searching for and finding security bugs, then pursuing them to develop working exploits.
- You can expect support and guidance from the rest of the team to help you develop your skills, find your passion and achieve your goals.
- Most of all, you can expect to be challenged.
What are we looking for?
- Fresh graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Interest in security is a necessity. Basic knowledge of one or more of the following security topics is preferred: cryptography, program analysis, web application security, memory corruption bugs.
- Full proficiency in one of the following languages: C/C++, Java.
- Proficiency with a scripting language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash.
- Familiarity with Linux and Unix-like Operating Systems.
- Prior security-focused internship is desirable.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to achieve given milestones and objectives with limited supervision.
What's in it for you?
An extremely flexible working environment.
This role will enable you to see the complete life-cycle of vulnerabilities, from inception as part of an assessment to the response of the development team and eventual deployment of patches. By developing tools to automate the vulnerability discovery process you will be helping keep some of the world’s most sensitive data and systems protected.
You will gain a deep and detailed understanding of security challenges so that you will be able to codify them into reusable units of work.
EHT interacts with some of the most innovative areas of the company including Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Netsuite, the Oracle RDBMS engineering and Java teams. This role will allow you to see how security is approached in a global enterprise and how the most difficult challenges are addressed and solved.
By interacting with the rest of the team you can improve your knowledge in security testing and research.
Sounds Like You? We want to hear from you!
At Oracle, our success starts with people who make it happen – our employees. Therefore, Oracle is committed to providing you with the rewarding career development you’re seeking, but also with unmatched benefits that help you get the most out of your career and your life.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will use basic knowledge of software architecture to perform tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture.
Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. Gaining competence in own area and acquiring a higher level understanding of role, processes and procedures. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 0-2 years of previous software engineering or related experience.