Mechanical Engineer Summer Internship
Mechanical Engineers at PA are expected to be capable of working in a diverse range of fields (medical devices / automation / consumer products) in a short space of time, and as such should be able to get up to speed with a new project as soon as it comes through the door. PA is unique among technology consultancies in offering clients the opportunity to integrate new products and technology through to wider business solutions. As a member of our Mechanical Engineering team you will innovate at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions to hard problems.
Your role as a Mechanical Engineering Intern
We want to give you a real insight into what technology consulting is all about. So rather than simply shadowing more experienced engineers, you'll work on developing a real prototype product. Supported by an experienced project manager, you'll collaborate with other Interns who might be studying electronic engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering or science. We'll also provide tailor-made training in ‘soft skills’ such as presentation skills, information organisation and communication.
What we're looking for
- You'll be on track for a 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics or related degree
- Understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- You'll be in the penultimate year of your undergraduate degree
- Experience of 3D CAD and FEA,
- Good understanding of mechanical design including design techniques, material selection, tolerances, controls, mechanisms, engineering mathematics and concept generation
- Interest in the commercial exploitation of technology
- The ability to innovate and think freely
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
- A genuine interest in Engineering
The start date for this role will be in July 2021.
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.