Supply Assistant Accountant Placement Batley 2024
As a Supply Assistant Accountant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme), you will report financial metrics to senior stakeholders to support business goals.
- Identify and implement improvements to standard finance processes.
- Assist with creating business plans for CapEx spend.
- Own a P&L, including: forecasting, month end reporting and business partnering with the budget holder.
- Assist the Plant Financial Controller in month end reporting by preparing and posting journals for accruals and adjustments.
- Analyse and investigate financial variances and be able to present these back to non-financial stakeholders in an understandable manner.
- Studying for a degree in a related field (Accounting & Finance, Business with Finance etc. (Crucial))!
- Knowledge of management accounts.
- Highly literate in Microsoft Excel, data creation and analysis.
- Time management skills.
- Understanding of supply chains (Manufacturing/Logistics. (Desirable)).
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
The PPG way
Every single day at PPG:
- We partner with customers to create mutual value.
- We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
- We are “One PPG” to the world.
- We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
- We trust our people every day, in every way.
- We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
- We make it happen.
- We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
- We run it like we own it.
- We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
- We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
- We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.