Supply Planner Undergraduate Placement Scheme Batley 2024
As a Supply Planner (Undergraduate Placement Scheme), you will be responsible for interpreting demand/forecasts into an operational production plan and supporting the execution of the plan to achieve high levels of service, timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and issue production schedules using Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and supporting systems to meet delivery dates according to sales forecasts of customer orders in line with manufacturing lead times.
- Alter schedules to respond to unforeseen challenges in collaboration with key partners.
- Identify and work with Production to minimise constraints with the support of the Planning Supervisor.
- Manage short and long term demands to maintain level workloads within production where possible to agreed production output targets.
- Coordinate priorities between multiple departments.
- Update key performance indicators where required.
- Attend daily meetings to discuss issues which may affect scheduling and resolve any issues with the relevant departments.
- Investigate opportunities to improve and enhance collaboration with other internal and external partners.
- Develop strong working relationships with Procurement, Manufacturing, and other departments to ensure efficient flow of products through production.
- Support and be involved in BPI and Lean processes and participation in workshops when required.
- Studying for an undergraduate degree in a related field (Business, Supply Chain, Operations, etc. (Crucial)!).
- Ability to identify and prioritise issues paying attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent digital literacy skills.
- Ability to work to time limits and use own initiative.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
- We partner with customers to create mutual value.
- We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
- We are “One PPG” to the world.
- We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
- We trust our people every day, in every way.
- We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
- We make it happen.
- We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
- We run it like we own it.
- We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
- We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.