Audit Accounts Tax Trainee Graduate Cambridge 2024
At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What will I be doing?
As a Trainee on our Step Stone programme (suitable for recent graduates), you will have the opportunity to join our Business, Corporate, or Tax department, but don't worry if you're not sure which one is the best fit for you just yet. One thing's for sure though – you'll experience a wide range of exciting work and gain plenty of access to partners and senior management, who will guide you every step of the way.
- Business: You will work on preparing sets of accounts and calculating basic tax returns using financial information provided by our clients.
- Corporate: You will be involved in carrying out substantive audit testing on financial accounts prepared by our clients, ensuring an independent review of their accuracy.
- Tax: You will undertake corporate and personal tax compliance work on behalf of our clients and assist with any HMRC queries that arise.
For some trainees, there may be opportunities to rotate between different departments allowing you to gain a broader understanding of our services.
What will I learn?
During your training contract you will study for the ACA qualification, which typically takes a minimum of three years to complete. We provide comprehensive study support, including dedicated time off for college, and access to a buddy who can offer valuable insights based on their previous experience.
We believe in building a solid foundation for your career, so that's why we provide ongoing training to develop your soft skills. Each week will be different and you'll gain hands-on client experience from the start, including direct contact with clients, so in your first year we'll equip you with essential skills like making a positive first impression, mastering effective time management techniques and enhancing your communication skills.
What experience do I need?
Whilst having the following experience is advantageous, we value passion and potential. If you meet the minimum criteria listed below and are eager to develop yourself, we would love to hear from you:
- On track to achieve at least a 2:2 degree in any subject (minimum requirement).
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-Levels (minimum requirement).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong MS Excel skills would be beneficial.
What's on offer?
In addition to your salary, we offer the following benefits:
- 23 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Bonuses for successfully passing exams.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 4x life assurance.
- All-employee share scheme.
- 2 days of paid volunteering leave.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), including shopping discounts.
What happens next?
Upon applying, you will be invited to undertake some initial tests (numerical and verbal reasoning) and a pre-recorded video interview. You can complete these at your convenience, and you will not be required to finish it all in one sitting.
Successful applicants might then be invited to attend an in-person assessment centre. Someone from our team will be in touch to confirm within four weeks of you completing the tests.
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.