Audit Trainee Industrial Placement Norwich July 2024
At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow.
We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What do the team do?
The Corporate team predominately undertakes audit and other assurance work on behalf of our clients, however, they are also responsible for accounts preparation and tax computations too.
We have audit clients across a range of sectors around the UK, from smaller not for profit organisations to entrepreneurial SME's and through to large listed groups. No job is the same and we can guarantee variety, plus the opportunity to learn from range of talented individuals, no matter your level.
What will I be doing?
As an Audit Trainee on a 12 month industry placement you will work full-time and have the opportunity to experience the following:
- An introduction to businesses of various sizes from a range of sectors
- Substantive audit testing on financial accounts prepared by our clients
- Drafting of straightforward accounts and drafting basic tax computations
- A placement with us may lead to an offer of a graduate role
- The start date for this industry placement will be a date TBC in July 2024
What experience do I need?
- An undergraduate in your penultimate year of study (minimum criteria)
- Achieved a minimum of 112 UCAS points at A-Level or equivalent (minimum criteria)
- A team player with a strong interest in an accountancy career
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Good IT skills
What's on offer?
On top of a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from:
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- 2 days paid for volunteering
As part of your application you will be required to write a covering letter (no more than 250 words) setting out why you are interested in the opportunity and what you hope to achieve from it.
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.