IT & Networks Graduate Portsmouth 2024
It’s an exciting time to join one of our Early Careers programmes at QinetiQ. We are always looking for great people to join our team, whether you are taking your first steps in starting a career or you are looking to make a career change, we have a wide range of exciting opportunities for you.
IT and Networks Engineering
QinetiQ's Communications and Networks Engineering Team are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical assistance to our customers. The team exploits their broad communications and information system knowledge to support customers with a range of interesting and unique programmes of work. Working in a hybrid manner, from home sites and various customer locations, you will use your technical knowhow and skills to advise, formulate and deliver effective solutions, helping our customers to shape their views using technical evidence, analysis and sound judgement.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of a team of Combat, Communications and IT specialists, you will develop a broad range of technical knowledge. You will ideally have a pro-active and hands on approach to work, able to apply your technical knowledge and innovation to the development of current and future communication and information systems that operate across a varied range of environments (e.g. rural and urban/land and maritime).
Your passion for new and future IT technology will allow you to keep up to date with the changing landscape and allow you to talk knowledgably to our clients.
A graduate will typically be involved in:
- Work to a senior member of staff, deliver IT solutions by building and testing to the required specification;
- Undertake a variety of tasks, ensuring technical solutions meet business and customer requirements;
- Write technical outputs that capture the work in a manner that explains to the customer the rationale for the approach as well as clearly articulates the conclusions and recommendations for future developments.
You will need to attained or working towards a degree witht a key focus on any of the disciplines listed below:
- Information Technology and Networks
- Computer Science
Depending on your skills, interest and qualifications, the following are desirable but not essential:
- Have a strong interest and/or experience within IT systems applied to the discipline of maritime and defence, typically covering:
- Server and Client Infrastructure
- VMWare (desirable)
- Networking (routing protocols)
- Have an interest in integration and acceptance techniques and the use of laboratory equipment such as network/spectrum analysers
You are likely to be passionate about IT and its military applications.
In accordance with our National Security Vetting requirements, all applicants must also be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
Please note that under immigrations rules, our Early Careers roles do not meet the legal threshold for candidates who are residents of the UK on student visas.