Project Management Graduate Malvern 2024
It’s an exciting time to join one of our Early Careers programmes at QinetiQ. We are always looking for great people to join our team, whether you are taking your first steps in starting a career or you are looking to make a career change, we have a wide range of exciting opportunities for you.
About the team
Project Managers work directly in our sectors, collaborating with our customers and our internal teams of experts to deliver cutting-edge solutions to performance, cost and time objectives. They help define the scope of a project, assist in planning how to deliver it, and then manage all resources to turn the plan into a reality. Project Managers have excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to foresee risks and overcome issues, and the determination to see projects through to a successful conclusion. You will be part of a project team and shadow a Project Manager to provide you with the experience and knowledge you require to develop.
Our Project Management Graduates rotate on four 6 monthly placements. Total duration being 2 years. These placements provide great exposure to different parts of the QinetiQ sectors and functional areas. This includes Project Management and our Project Management Office (PMO). We also provide the opportunity to apply for a placement with our QinetiQ Leadership Team if you so wish.
Our Project Management Graduate scheme provides a structured introduction to the profession, allowing you to develop your experience and knowledge with on-the-job learning. As your skills develop, you will progressively take on more responsibility until you are a fully competent QinetiQ Associate Project Manager, overseeing many of our projects with our diverse customer base.
What will I be doing?
As part of the Graduate scheme, you could be responsible for activities such as;
Support Project/Programme and Portfolio Managers and teams
- Support with the delivery of project outputs, to agreed baseline, customer satisfaction, time, cost, and quality.
- Support Project Managers in reviews with their project team, and attend and support at customer meetings.
- Support with the maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for projects and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Support with the activities in the early stages of the lifecycle including working on proposals, estimates at the bid stage and attending reviews.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values.
Support the Project Management Office (PMO) - Project Controls capability;
- Support to the Project Controls team with data and information to enable reporting and decision making, including highlighting inconsistencies in the data/information and recommending suitable actions.
- Support the following project controls activities within the project controls team; planning, scheduling, document control and other project control related activities.
- Working closely with Project Managers and project teams to monitor project finances, milestones, debtors, invoicing and cash collection.
- Support Project Controls improvement activity, and sharing knowledge skills and best practice.
- Work closely with Project Managers to support in developing and maintaining detailed resource loaded schedules of projects.
- Support the team in identifying major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events.
- Support with troubleshooting and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Report on trends, forecasts, project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
You will need to have obtained or be studying towards at least a 2:2 in a degree with a key focus on any of the disciplines listed below:
- Project Management
- Business (All)
- STEM (All)
- Any experience in leadership roles; include hobbies, work or academic projects.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- You must have graduated no earlier than 2022 OR will graduate no later than 2024
In accordance with our National Security Vetting requirements, all applicants must also be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum. Please refer to this link for further guidance - UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Please note that under immigrations rules, our Early Careers roles do not meet the legal threshold for candidates who are residents of the UK on student visas.