Software Engineering Internship Cork 2024
Qualcomm Corporate R&D is looking for interns for our Linux Runtime, Firmware and Solutions Engineering teams to learn and work on Linux based platforms for Embedded, Edge, Datacentre and Automotive products.
The areas of focus and interest will span over driver development, tools development, test development, software integration and product commercialization with an unique opportunity to build a strong understanding and awareness on the full Software Development Lifecycle, from concept to product.
The development target is the Qualcomm’s next generation high-performance inference accelerator for Machine Learning applications.
Skills and experience we would love to see
- Willingness to work in a structured software development environment with ability to work on low-level implementation (code & test)
- Willingness to work in a high-calibre mixed hardware/software development team
- Good English communication (written and verbal) and positive interpersonal skills
- Exposure to C/C++/Python development and testing
- Exposure to Linux development, API development and multi-threaded applications.
- Exposure to Source Code repositories tools (git, github, etc.)
- Familiar with inter-process communication mechanisms.
- Exposure to software development (C/C++) on Embedded platforms and debug tools such as JTAG/SWD
- Exposure to Board Support Package development including device driver development, board bring-up, RTOS’s, secure boot
- Exposure with development of peripheral drivers.
- Academic knowledge of RTOS, SoC architecture (core, cache, memory, bus architecture, IOs, etc.) and common hardware blocks and multi-threaded programming
- Exposure to UML design capture & analysis, OO design practices, academic
- Experience with development of peripheral drivers.
- Working knowledge of RTOS, SoC architecture (core, cache, memory, bus architecture, IOs, etc.) and common hardware blocks and experience with software development and debug tools including compilers, profilers, emulators
- Knowledge of common interfaces such as PCIe, LPDDR, I2C, SPI, SPMI, AVSBus & PMBus
- Knowledge of SOC common building blocks like interrupt controller & timers
- Exposure to Virtualization technologies like Docker
References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance.
Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.