Electrical Engineer/Experienced Graduate Electrical Engineer High Rise London 2024
We invite you to bring your expertise and enthusiasm into play as you contribute to innovative and high-quality design solutions. To succeed in this role, you must be client focused and have solid experience of working in a design capacity with good working knowledge of building services installations. Are you our new Electrical Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our High Rise Spearhead Department
As our new Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a highly dynamic, global team. Our High Rise team has a deep focus on concept design and a highly digital and visual approach. You will be an important part of a close-knit team working on a wide variety of project work with signature architects in and around London and internationally. We have a current focus on digital and parametric design and believe that the future of our industry lies in working smarter not harder.
We offer a supporting and collaborative culture and environment, in which you can develop and grow in your role. For the right candidate there is the opportunity to progress rapidly, with increasing client facing duties and mentoring of junior engineers and apprentices. Finally, we enjoy what we do! And are looking for naturally curious and personable people to join and strengthen our team.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Work with a degree of independence on a range of scales of projects as part of a larger team
- Manage your own time to ensure time spent on projects suits deadlines
- Complete detailed designs to the required standards and coordinate with graduate engineers and apprentices
- Complete design calculations utilising industry standard software such as ProDesign, Dialux, Relux, etc.
- Actively engage with existing and potential clients to promote Ramboll and our initiatives
Your key deliverables over the next 12 months will be:
- Maintain excellent levels of client service
- Update and broaden your technical and digital design skills to allow Ramboll to continue to be at the forefront of digital design
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- To be a qualified Engineer having a proven and demonstrable track record in your discipline
- To have a CIBSE / IET / IMechE Engineering Council accredited honours degree, or an HNC in an applicable discipline with commitment to continue with higher education
- To be working towards IEng or CEng status
- To have good project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects of varying size/complexity
- To have an appreciation of commercial and technical risks.
- To have an interest in or experience using digital and parametric design tools
- Expertise in Revit is essential
- Demonstrate creative thinking, flair and broad range of technical skills, illustrating the ability to work within complex engineering designs and geometries
- A good level of spoken and written English for correspondence and reports, and the ability to be client facing for presentations and design workshops
- Interested in working on international projects
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- You are client focused
- You are an excellent communicator and possess to the ability to make what is complicated simple!
- You demonstrate good attention to details and show pride in the work you produce
- You are able to motivate and inspire confidence both in your peers and clients
- You are able to work using your own initiative and coordinate with other engineers across all disciplines
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialise in creating more innovative, sustainable and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Ramboll offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation in the rapidly growing Engineering and Consultancy sector in the UK. We offer a competitive salary, alongside 27 days holiday per year, private medical insurance and flexible working.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.