Software Engineering Graduate Development Programme 2024
Work as a software developer within an Agile Software Delivery Team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
- Design, build and run code using basic principles theories and concepts.
- Contribute to the completion of routine technical tasks.
- Contribute to local team code reviews.
- Help to develop and contribute towards test artefacts
- Collaborate together with more senior engineers in defining the evolvement of best practice
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with your allocated project. Your artefacts and decisions will contribute to the wider programme.
- Minimum 2.2 Computer Science (or related subject) undergraduate degree (already achieved or will complete by 2nd September 2024)
- 120 UCAS points achieved through A Level/AS Level e.g. BBB/ABC/A*CC A Level grades or equivalent e.g. Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers, BTEC etc achieved through qualifications completed before attending university.
- Full CV (please note university, pre-university and GCSE Grades) & Cover Letter explaining why you have applied to Raytheon UK and your chosen role.
- Complete security clearance application for SC and then progress to complete a DV security clearance application
- An understanding of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of GIT or other source control
- Understanding of SOLID software principles
About the Graduate Development Programme
Raytheon UK partner with an external training provider and our in-house training teams to deliver excellent training to support on-boarding into the company and build the foundations to a successful career with us. Training focuses on building company connections, communication skills, developing leadership skills and career coaching and development.
Graduates have the opportunity to learn real business skills such as project management, supply chain and strategy in addition to receiving a strong support network from current/former graduates and their team members. Graduates have the opportunity to build their skills, contacts and experience through a range of activities from working on real projects to joining our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), attending company and Early Careers events.
Graduates have the opportunity to further develop their training as applicable to the role.
What our graduates say
“The programme really helped in laying the foundations for developing a successful career with Raytheon”
“The soft skills training built up my confidence in presenting and speaking”
“It was great networking with grads with similar aspirations”
“There was opportunity to gain insights into the running of the whole business by mixing grads from other Raytheon functions”
Application requirements & how to apply
Apply on-line via our careers website via Workday attaching a full CV and cover letter. Please ensure you include full contact details (name, phone number, email and home address).
The cover letter is a great opportunity to make your application stand out and show us why you would like to join Raytheon UK and have applied for this role. Candidates can add a Cover Letter to the 1st page of the CV and attach as 1 document on the Workday application portal.
This is a great opportunity to show you have researched our company and can demonstrate a real interest in the role you have applied for. Candidates can also demonstrate any additional skills, interests and experience etc to tell us more about you and why you have applied.
What happens next?
Successful applicants will be invited to have an initial screening call to discuss the role & requirements further and advised on the next stage of their application. The next steps will include an assessment centre to meet the team and complete individual and team activities which will be discussed with successful applicants.
Depending on the role there may be an initial telephone interview with the team before an assessment centre (candidates will be advised during the screening stage).
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester, Livingston and presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology.
Across the country Raytheon UK employs 2000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon UK continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the RTX organisation.
RTX is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises three industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, and Raytheon.
Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonic, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £31,000 starting salary & £3,000 joining bonus & company benefits
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity, equity and inclusion
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job.
We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background. We have a range of employee groups open to everyone to join to support STEM, Early Careers, Diversity, Sustainability and many more.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help. RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.