Graduate Mechanical Engineer 2024
We are looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in either London or Bicester, to start in September 2024. The ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills, take a proactive approach to tasks and hold a mechanical or Building Services degree, or equivalent. Practical on the tools experience would also be an advantage. The role will involve supporting the project engineering team with some travel to various construction sites.
- Undertakes project work, taking delegated responsibility for the preparation of engineering designs for mechanical installations, systems, e.g. sizing of pipes for ventilation systems, hot & cold-water equipment, facilities etc.
- Data manipulation of original drawings according to specification revisions
- Carries out independent reading and research to support drawing/specification accuracy
- Liaison with various contractors re designs and co-ordination of installations
- Ensures document control requirements are fulfilled prior to issue by making sure drawings have correct titles etc. and are in correct order
- Advanced Graduate (1-2 years exp): Preparation of specification modifications (word or excel)
- BEng in appropriate engineering degree
- Working towards MCIBSE/IMechE
- Working towards Chartered Eng status
- Basic working knowledge of CAD functionality
- Basic understanding of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Basic understanding of BS standards
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
Specific business understanding
- Act in an ethical manner and follows the principles of the Ethics Charter and Ethics in Practice Guidelines
- Background in consulting or construction preferred
- Good understanding of international working and business operations of a global consultancy
RED offers a variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days annual leave over 5 years’ service
- Holiday purchase and buy back scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme via salary sacrifice (Company funded cover is dependant on level)
- Non-contractual bonus awards
- Training sponsorship
- Charity volunteering leave
- Wellness days/ initiatives.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Our people work in friendly teams with a collaborative approach and mentoring support from talented leaders.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package and are an equal opportunities employer
- This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to working with a rapidly expanding company on a varied selection of projects.
The role will ideally suit those with the right to live and work in the UK, as we are unable to offer sponsorship at the present time.