Graduate Trainee: Human Resources/Learning and Development
Our purpose is to create a better way for people to live. We care about the quality of homes that we build, the people who help us build them, the communities we create and the society in which we live.
Our Specialist Graduate Programme is designed to support your drive and ambition to enable you to become an integral part of the business in a department that you are passionate about.
The role will support our HR/L&D Departments in achieving its purpose of providing guidance and support for circa. 2,200 staff, comprising of 15 divisions and Group Head Office located throughout England and Wales.
In this role you will get to work in various areas of Human Resources or Learning and Development to learn how we deliver real business benefits and take care of our employees. Our aim is for you to gain a real breadth and depth of experience and take on early and increasing responsibility.
Over two years, you will be mentored by some of the most experienced people in our industry. From the offset, you will be supported to develop your skills and knowledge through structured training and guidance, enabling you to excel in your chosen career.
Below are some example job responsibilities you may gain exposure of:
- Assist with recruitment advertising and processing of applicants for vacancies within the Group via an Applicant Tracking System
- Ensure that all new starters, leavers and transfers procedures are processed to required timescales including transfer of new starters from on-boarding to the HR/Payroll system and ensure that accurate information is ready for monthly/lunar payrolls
- Flexible working/Maternity/Paternity – ensure all requests are dealt with in a timely manner and assist line managers in communication to employees as required
- Understand and support the performance management and development programmes linking closely with succession planning through our talent team
- Support with any HR related training and development initiatives
- Assist with recruitment of new entrants and monitor their progress
- Understand and gain confidence to deal with employee relations matters
- Feed into staff engagement initiatives by attending engagement group meetings, staff engagement surveys and staff communications including Engage (Intranet)
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable both departments to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.
- Strong business acumen skills to ensure activities bring value to the company
- Good understanding of data handling, ability to draft reports with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Drive and ambition with a positive “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Creative and problem-solving skills
- Full UK driving licence and own/have access to a vehicle for travel to work and sites where required