Assistant Quantity Surveyor Warrington 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Demolition team as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, working at our Warrington office.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with Quantity Surveying experience who will provide commercial assistance to the existing Quantity Surveyor and the project teams. The role will be based in Warrington but will involve travel throughout the region.
The duties will involve assisting and supporting the Operational Managers, Estimators and Quantity Surveyors with the commercial function to the projects, namely applications for payment; identification measurement and valuation of variations; subcontract accounts, monthly P&L reporting, debt management and estimating.
- Attend site regularly to support commercially.
- Identify any changes to the original scope of works in order to ensure variations are captured and accordingly claimed for.
- Value completed work and submit Applications for Payment to the client that accurately reflect this.
- Review contracts for prospective works.
- Place subcontracts and value and authorise the subcontractor applications and payments.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts / reports such as CVRs for review and approval from Commercial Manager.
- Prepare and analyse project costing and be comfortable recalculating these costs during a project if the scope changes.
- Monitor value management and cost control throughout projects and complete CVR's where required.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts that are in use.
- Assist with and ensure accurate cash flow reporting.
- Ensure that any supply chains or subcontractors used are engaged appropriately within the business and signed off by Procurement / Compliance.
- Build and maintain good client relationships.
- Contribute towards effective interaction between the commercial team and the site teams.
- Attend site visits / meetings when required.
- Prepare interim valuations and final accounts as per the contractual deadlines.
- Support the monthly WIP process and other reports, including debt.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar industry recognised qualification
- 0-2 years post graduate work experience
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Project and email/ internet.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and manner.
- Good organisational skills in being able to multi-task and re-prioritize at frequent intervals.
- Attention to detail.
- Friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team.
- Full clean driving licence.
Rhodar Ltd is a leading specialist enabling works provider. We are a market leader in the asbestos removal, demolition, and land remediation industries. We have also recently added fire protection to our portfolio of services.
Supported by over 450 employees at 14 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major corporations to offer a specialist enabling works solutions covering our core disciplines either individually or collectively across both public and private sectors.
The scale of our projects range from multi-million-pound regeneration works combining our 3 core specialisms to domestic support for insurance clients and housing associations.
You can read more about the work we do at www.rhodar.co.uk, or you can view a video overview of our services at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kj5kZYj-ho.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Annual pay review
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car allowance/company car
- Access to an employee assistance programme to support your health and wellbeing
- Excellent career progression and training opportunities
- Investors in People recognition – 2015, 2019 and 2022
- Access to mental health first aiders
- Opportunities to partake in volunteer work and charity events
- Flexible start and finish times
- Eyecare vouchers
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our employees to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward-thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application on file for six months and we will consider you for future roles within the organisation during this time. Your information will be deleted after six-months. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point, then you will need to re-apply.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.