Quantity Surveying Placement UK 2024
Building a sustainable tomorrow.
Are you passionate about shaping the world around us and eager to make a meaningful impact?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Quantity Surveying Undergraduates to join us at BAM; working on challenging civil engineering projects throughout the UK constructing infrastructure that will stand the test of time and enhances the quality of life for communities.
As a leading civil engineering firm, we've been at the forefront of transformative projects that have left a lasting legacy.
If I am successful, when do I start?
- Summer Placements: 6-12 week placement anytime from May 2024 - September 2024
- Year Out Placements: Between June & September 2024
Where will I be based?
- Nationwide, sites throughout the UK.
Whilst working with us as an Undergraduate placement student, you will support the site Commercial function, as part of your longer journey towards Technical (Associate) and Member (Chartered) Surveyor with the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors or RICS. As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the end-to-end delivery of subcontract packages from tender through to procurement, day to day management and final account
- Supporting the internal and external reporting process
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process
- Identifying and supporting the evaluation of change
- Supporting the project risk management strategy
- Cost monitoring
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others
- Gain practical experience by visiting project sites, where you'll witness the construction process first-hand
- Maintaining high personal standards in health and safety
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour
Who are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Due to the nature of our business, you may be required to travel and stay away from home
What’s in it for you?
Throughout your placement, we will support you with further personal, professional, technical and leadership development. In addition to this, we offer a wide range of Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Matched pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 22 days holiday
- 2 wellbeing days per year
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial.
We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
Applications are now open, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible - please answer all questions set out in the application form. As well as an updated CV we require a cover letter that sets out your career aspirations and your interest in BAM and as an employer.
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at anytime you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.