Quantity Surveyor Graduate UK 2024
Building a sustainable tomorrow.
Are you passionate about shaping the world around us and eager to make a meaningful impact? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for Civil Engineering graduates to join us at BAM; working on challenging civil engineering projects throughout the UK constructing infrastructure that will stand the test of time and enhances the quality of life for communities.
As a leading civil engineering firm, we've been at the forefront of transformative projects that have left a lasting legacy.
- Communicating effectively at all levels including site management, technical specialists, commercial staff, planners, engineers, supervisory staff operatives, suppliers, third parties and client representatives
- Maintaining good working relations with client, designer, supply chain and others
- Obtaining and analysing quotations and making recommendations.
- Support and contribute to Project risk and opportunity planning.
- Assisting in value recovery
On Site Experience
- Gain practical experience by visiting project sites, where you'll witness the construction process first-hand
- Measurement of quantities where necessary
Safety and Sustainability
- Maintaining high personal standards in health and safety
- Maintaining high standards in environmental awareness and behaviour
- Advise on contractual matters and process contractual claims.
- Negotiating subcontract and suppliers’ prices and terms
- Procurement of subcontract packages.
- Assist in the Cost Control and Reporting Process.
- Look for opportunities to maximise revenue and reduce costs.
- Identify and investigate losses.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports
Who are we looking for?
- Completed Degree or HND in Quantity Surveying or Construction Commercial Management in the last 2 years or due to complete in 2024 (other relevant disciplines may also be considered)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- A passion and desire to learn and grow within the industry
- Commitment to working towards your Professional Development journey
As well as working in alignment with our values of being collaborative, reliable, inclusive, and taking ownership we will look to understand your personal values, your potential and development areas for the role.
What’s in it for you?
You will join our structured Graduate Programme, that will provide you with support for all your learning and development needs. This includes Professional Development with an experienced team of subject matter experts in your chosen field. In addition to this, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Company car/allowance or Travel allowance
- Matched pension contributions
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days holiday increasing with length of service
- Holiday Purchase Scheme (up to 5 days on top)
- Career Breaks
- 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Access to retail discount platform (BAM Benefits)
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Professional Development annual subscriptions
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial.
We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
Applications are now open, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible - please answer all questions set out in the application form. As well as an updated CV we require a cover letter that sets out your career aspirations and your interest in BAM and as an employer.
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at anytime you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.