ADAS - Agricultural Consultant Placement 2024
ADAS, part of the RSK Group, is seeking multiple students for placements as Agricultural Consultants for 12 months. These roles can be based out of Bristol, Leeds, Wolverhampton, Hereford or Mansfield. These are hybrid home, field and office-based roles so a driving licence is essential.
We are committed to providing a friendly and supporting working environment for our staff, with training and career opportunities for all. You will benefit from a dedicated management team who will ensure you get the most out of this opportunity. But don’t just take our word for the fact that we think we’re great...here’s what one of our last year’s placement students had to say about us:
“ADAS presents hugely exciting opportunities for placement students to expand their industry knowledge and develop their skills across a plethora of agricultural topics. The Agricultural Land Management Team boasts a friendly and highly supportive network of committed individuals who are entirely invested in your development.” Georgina Harrison, Harper Adams
Successful applicants will support ADAS consultants in delivery of agricultural and farm business consultancy and related technical and environmental management advice to farmers and landowners. You will also work with experienced consultants supporting them in the delivery of a range of services which include:
- Report writing for ADAS clients
- Farm business management and Agri-Environment advice & applications
- Farm infrastructure advice including slurry storage and design of biobeds/pesticide handling systems
- Agricultural engineering and mechanisation advice
- Nutrient planning and soil husbandry
- Biodiversity and carbon auditing
- Crop and soil sampling
- Willingness to learn, seeking assistance when required, working as part of a team and be self-driven
- Good numerical, research and analytical skills
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of UK agricultural practice and business issues
- An awareness of current challenges facing farmers and land managers in terms of environmental, policy and financial issues
- Full driving licence and own transport
Salary and benefits
- Salary: National student placement average 2024
- A wide range of training opportunities available
- A benefits programme which includes discounted gym membership and staff discount scheme
- Healthcash plan and access to mental health support
- Contributory Pension Scheme
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Working alongside landowners, farmers, and growers since 1946, we have been providing ideas, specialist knowledge, and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment for over 75 years.
Our aim is to help address the challenges and opportunities faced by organisations working in food production and the natural environment, and we continue to thrive by attracting innovative thinkers into our workforce.
We currently have over 400 employees delivering solutions in 60 specialist subjects, making us the UK’s largest independent provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy, rural development services, research and development, and policy advice. Whether you want to work on national or international projects, we can provide a varied career in a wide array of industries and public sector services.
ADAS is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.