Binnies - Graduate GIS Consultant 2024
Binnies part of the RSK Group are looking for a Graduate GIS Consultant working within our Consultancy group on UK Water Engineering projects.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
To perform various GIS and information management tasks such as data capture and translation, spatial analysis, reporting and visualisation tasks on water utilities, flooding, environmental and engineering related projects. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Digitisation, Data Capture and Translation
- Data Editing and Manipulation
- Reporting: Data querying, filtering and summarising (ArcGIS, MS Excel, MS Access etc.).
- Geoprocessing: Use of ArcGIS tools and simple workflows within ArcGIS ModelBuilder or FME.
- Spatial and 3D Analysis: Creation of raster data, understanding of interpolation and extrapolation. Understanding of raster analysis. Use of Digital Terrain and Surface Models.
- Data Management: Application of version control and naming conventions. Knowledge of the different database and geodatabase types and their uses. Understanding of metadata.
- Dealing with internal clients and project managers, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers both verbally and in writing.
- Formal ArcGIS training, knowledge of ArcGIS tools
- GIS, IT, engineering or other related degree
- ArcGIS (10.0 or above), ArcGIS Pro
- Functional experience in the following: Spatial Analysis, 3D Analysis
- Relational databases: database creation and querying SQL
- Ordnance survey national datasets, their application and licensing
- OS MasterMap
- Use of digital terrain models and topographic surveys and other elevation data sources
- Open source data
- GIS principles and good data management practices
- Flexibility, ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate an appreciation of QA standards and controls
- Willingness to learn from and implement feedback
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers both verbally and in writing
- Initiative to interpret client requirements
- Good problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to plan appropriately and prioritise tasks.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
- Continuous training and development – tailored training agreements towards chartership
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.