Binnies - Graduate Hydraulics Engineer 2024
Binnies, part of the RSK Group are looking for Graduate Civil or Mechanical Engineers working within our Hydraulics team. The team provides specialist hydraulics services for projects both in the UK and abroad.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will be taking part in our development programme. You will be a valued member of our highly experienced and widely respected team at Binnies.
Binnies treat each Graduate Engineer as an individual and undertake to provide all relevant training, development and support so that you may further your engineering career. We are a diverse and energetic team and you will play a key role in contributing to our team’s and company’s success.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 + countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
- Undertake a variety of hydraulic calculations and hydrodynamic model studies, such as pipeline surge, river modelling, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling.
- Construction and validation of hydraulic models, and interpretation of results
- Use of calculations and models to investigate problems and develop and design solutions
- Undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design
- Prepare clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience
- Deliver packages of work within budget and work schedule to meet the project requirements
- Understand project scope and identify contractual change
- Understand the customer’s basic and performance requirements
- Balance the workload of multiple projects
- Degree in relevant engineering subject.
- Desire to work proactively towards Chartered membership of the ICE, CIWEM or other equivalent institutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated and effective team player, working with others to achieve results.
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel. Experience with programming/macro writing would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic hydraulics.
- Analytical ability, attention to detail, and focus on quality.
- Knowledge of or experience with any hydraulic modelling software would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
- Continuous training and development – tailored training agreements towards chartership
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.