Binnies - Graduate Landscape Architect 2024
Binnies an RSK group company is recruiting Graduate Landscape Architects to join our growing Landscape team in Chester, part of a wider and also growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Services team.
Binnies UK Ltd. is one of the UK's leading environmental and engineering consultancies, best known for our expertise in the water sector but with a rapidly expanding and diversifying portfolio. Projects typically include flood risk management and water infrastructure, with increasing emphasis on green / blue infrastructure, sustainable nature-based solutions, designing and planning for natural capital and Biodiversity Net Gain.
Binnies’ Landscape team, based between our Chester and Redhill offices, is an award-winning Landscape Institute Registered Practice. Having joined the RSK Group of companies, we are also part of one of the largest groups of landscape architects in the UK along with Stephenson Halliday and ADAS, offering a huge range of potential opportunities and excellent long-term career development, including supporting you along the Pathway to Chartership.
We would ideally like the successful candidate to work from either our Chester or Redhill office, however we are open to candidates based elsewhere in the UK.
Binnies offers you possibilities on an international scale with offices worldwide and projects completed in 100 plus countries. What’s more, you can work on exciting global projects regardless of where you are physically located. Whatever industries and technologies interest you, Binnies can get you there. You will also gain experience and expertise in all aspects of the UK Water Industry.
- To assist in the provision of landscape design services and advice
- To assist with undertaking landscape surveys, assessments, and LVIAs
- To assist with production of landscape drawings and graphics including analysis and constraints plans, concept plans, landscape masterplans, detailed construction and planting plans, illustrations and visualisations, exhibition boards for stakeholder / public consultation
- To assist with landscape input to options appraisals, feasibility studies, landscape / green infrastructure / natural capital plans and strategies.
- To assist with the co-ordination of the work of external consultants, including landscape architects
- To assist in the provision of landscape site supervision / inspections and contract management services
- To support and work with other disciplines such as EIA / Ecology / Engineering teams as required
- To provide support on a wide range of projects including habitat creation, natural solutions, fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, rail, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure
- To liaise with project teams, clients, stakeholders, contractors, and internal professionals from a range of technical disciplines and the public
- The role is suitable for a landscape graduate who has completed their formal education and seeking to establish a career in the profession. You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Degree / post graduate diploma (or Masters) qualification in landscape architecture, recognised by the Landscape Institute
- Interest and experience in landscape assessment work
- Interest in ecological design and habitat creation
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Good written and oral communication
- Ambition to work towards becoming a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute
- Enjoy innovation and embracing advances in digital technology
- Passion and advocacy for the landscape and environment.
- Team player, self-reliant, well organised, confident communicator
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of working in landscape profession not essential but any relevant work experience is an advantage.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (part time available, remote working for part of the role)
- Flexible benefits e.g. buy annual leave, varying pension contributions, options for private healthcare
- Continuous training and development – tailored training agreements towards chartership
We develop intelligent solutions using our award-winning integrated planning and design approach to deliver functional infrastructure and lasting environmental and social legacies. This is backed by a culture that has stayed true since our foundation over 100 years ago. We create new possibilities for humanity through our innovative approach to delivery.
Together with our clients, we are always striving to find a smarter way to deliver projects. From providing low carbon, sustainable and resilient water solutions, flood alleviation and environment services, to connecting people with insights and data. Our business exists to improve the quality of life for our local communities today and for generations to come.
Binnies is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.