LEAP - Geologist Undergraduate Placement 2024
Leap Environmental an RSK Group company are recruiting for a Undergraduate Placement Geologist to join the team based in either Dorking, Goudhurst, Pease Pottage or Burgess Hill.
LEAP will be taking on a number of year long placement students for the academic year 2024/25. Applications are open now, closing 31st March 2024. Placements may be located at any of our regional offices.
- Collect geological, geochemical and geotechnical data.
- Prepare equipment and information in preparation for site work.
- Visit sites – both greenfield/brownfield that may or may not be due for development/redevelopment and also active construction sites and compile site visit notes for inclusion in Phase 1 reports.
- Undertake field work/site investigations, under the direction of a Project or Senior Engineer/Geologist.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a relevant qualification, e.g. BSc in Geology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering
Salary and benefits
- £Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
- We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered. We also offer a flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care. Regular training and career development.
RSK Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We are a market-leading site investigation, contaminated land and geotechnical consultancy with geophysics and survey teams and waste management consultants, operating from 20 UK locations. Our company also includes Leap Environmental, an award-winning site investigation, geotechnical design and geoenvironmental consultancy and Carbon Zero Consulting, which undertakes appraisals for ground source heat projects.
Throughout our 30 years of operations, we have enabled our clients to realise opportunities and manage the potential liabilities associated with acquiring, owning, operating and developing land. Our clients come from the public and private sectors, including many of the UK’s leading property developers, major and local house builders, utility providers and main contractors, local authorities and other government organisations.
RSK Geosciences is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to broad-ranging sectors. Founded in 1989, RSK has evolved into a market-leading organisation. It is headquartered in the UK and has an established presence across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
The group is growing fast thanks to its diverse operations, entrepreneurial spirit and open management style. When you join RSK, you are connecting to a growing community of experts and specialists who regularly collaborate to deliver projects and support each other across business units.