LEAP - Graduate Engineering Geologist 2024
LEAP are recruiting MSc and MSci graduates in Engineering Geology, Environmental Sciences Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering at all its offices to start in September 2024. Interviews will be held in April. Applications are open now, closing 30th April 2024.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
- Collect, analyse and interpret geological, geochemical and geotechnical data.
- Prepare Phase 1 desk studies based on web-based research, review of technical reports and other sources of geological and geotechnical information.
- Visit sites – including greenfield/brownfield sites that may or may not be due for development/redevelopment and also active construction sites to compile site visit notes for inclusion in Phase 1 reports.
- Plan, organise and undertake field work/site investigations, with the assistance of a Project or Senior Engineer/Geologist.
Qualifications and experience
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology, Civil Engineering or a related subject essential
Salary and benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free life assurance cover
- A flexible benefits programme including a number of wellbeing initiatives and the option to buy additional holidays
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development. Regular training and career development are promoted and encouraged. Your professional institution fees and all training will be covered.
RSK Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We are a market-leading site investigation, contaminated land and geotechnical consultancy with geophysics and survey teams and waste management consultants, operating from 20 UK locations. Our company also includes Leap Environmental, an award-winning site investigation, geotechnical design and geoenvironmental consultancy and Carbon Zero Consulting, which undertakes appraisals for ground source heat projects.
Throughout our 30 years of operations, we have enabled our clients to realise opportunities and manage the potential liabilities associated with acquiring, owning, operating and developing land. Our clients come from the public and private sectors, including many of the UK’s leading property developers, major and local house builders, utility providers and main contractors, local authorities and other government organisations.
RSK Geosciences is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to broad-ranging sectors. Founded in 1989, RSK has evolved into a market-leading organisation. It is headquartered in the UK and has an established presence across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
The group is growing fast thanks to its diverse operations, entrepreneurial spirit and open management style. When you join RSK, you are connecting to a growing community of experts and specialists who regularly collaborate to deliver projects and support each other across business units.