Stephenson Halliday - Graduate Landscape Manager Hemel Hempstead 2024
Stephenson Halliday, Part of the RSK Group is looking to recruit a dynamic, enthusiastic Graduate looking for a Permanent, Full time vacancy, to join the team in either Hemel Hempstead or Tonbridge. Hybrid working available from one of the two listed offices.
Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with providing support to our team of Landscape Managers, Surveyors, Arboriculturalists and Ecologists, undertaking landscape stewardship on regeneration areas, agricultural land, development sites and a range of public open spaces in the Homes England South Region. This position requires both field and office work, and the successful applicant will be expected to travel to various sites throughout the south of England.
Stephenson Halliday Ltd, part of the RSK Group, is an award-winning Landscape Institute registered practice. Our landscape team provides a comprehensive range of landscape planning, architecture and management services throughout the UK. We have a consultancy role on the Homes England Green Estates management project as well as providing multidisciplinary environmental services for several major infrastructure projects.
- Production and implementation of landscape management instructions
- Completion of site surveys and follow up reporting
- Undertake the role of Contracts Manager
- Oversee contractors to deliver work activities on site
- Liaison with clients, community and landowners
- Support senior team members with general administration tasks, including timesheet and Health and Safety data
Skills and experience
- Relevant landscape or environmental qualification
- Understanding/experience of:
- Environmental legislation
- Landscape surveying, appraisals, management principles and techniques
- Native plants and habitat management
- Competency in Microsoft office (essential), GIS & AutoCAD(desirable)
- Verbal and written communication skills in a commercial environment
- The ability to work well within a team
- Well organised to ensure that projects are completed on time and budget
- Full clean driving licence
Salary and benefits
- £23,000 - £28,000
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Flexible benefits programme: healthcare cash plan and payroll giving
- Cycle-to-work scheme, additional holiday purchase and gym subsidies
- Use of hire car for business travel
- Additional training available in; First Aid, GIS, Inhouse career development
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
As a team of experienced planning and landscape directors, landscape architects, chartered planners, graphics specialists, and practice managers, our mission is to provide effective and sustainable planning and landscape architecture solutions to assist clients in realising their development aspirations.
Founded in 2001 and now operating across the UK and Ireland, we work across the energy, infrastructure, minerals, waste, and built and rural development sectors. Whether we are improving the visitor experience in our most treasured national landscapes, planning and designing residential communities, or supporting the country’s vital infrastructure, our employees get to work on a variety of exciting projects that help to move development forward. Come and join our successful and expanding organisation!
Stephenson Halliday is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.