Risk & Compliance Internship
Are you prepared to take the Risk?
The growing complexity and importance of the financial services industry demands a strong risk culture to be able to manage our business effectively. As a financial services provider, it is therefore critical that we have a diverse, inclusive, forward-looking, and proactive risk control function that protects the bank while helping its customers achieve its business goals.
Our ambition is to be the easiest way for customers to make their better happen, and in the Risk & Compliance function we want to lead the way. Join us in making it happen, and there will be no limit to where your career could take you.
Over 10 weeks (July to September), you’ll be allocated to one of the exciting Risk & Compliance areas, from Credit Risk (Personal, Business and Corporate), Treasury Risk & Analytics, Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk, to Compliance, Economic Crime Risk, or our Risk Chief Operating Office. This will help you gain a well-rounded understanding of a valuable insight into a global business and the UK Risk & Compliance function, as well as having the opportunities to build on technical expertise.
Throughout the programme you’ll be given plenty of support from some of the most passionate colleagues in the industry, all while developing the skills, knowledge, and leadership experience you’ll need to influence the future of banking, and if successful you could convert to a Risk & Compliance graduate position within Santander UK in 2024.
Where you’ll work
Our Milton Keynes head office, is the centre of gravity for our business and since opening its doors earlier this year, contributes to make our new hybrid approach work for everyone. Unity Place has been built with sustainability and employee experience in mind and will be a place where we can collaborate as a business. It will give our people the opportunity to make use of state-of-the-art facilities and come together with their teams from across the UK. Our programme is based in Milton Keynes but could include placements with one of our teams in London or Manchester, so some travel may be involved throughout the 10-weeks.
What we are looking for in you
- For penultimate year students - a predicted pass in any degree subject, as well as 112 UCAS points (top 3 A Level grades or equivalent excluding General Studies and Extended Project)
- A genuine passion for numbers and reasoning, and the ability to translate statistics and trends into meaningful advice
- A highly collaborative approach to work
- The ability to truly listen, talk straight and build lasting relationships
- The confidence to speak up with great ideas, embrace change and seek innovative new ways of doing things
- Commitment to The Santander Way, and our TEAMS behaviours:
- Think Customer: 'I care about our customers, so I go the extra mile to earn their trust and loyalty'
- Embrace change: 'I embrace new challenges and I see new ways of doing things as an opportunity to grow'
- Act Now: 'I take accountability and manage risks accordingly, always keeping things simple'
- Move Together: 'I seek opportunities to promote collaboration and work together to achieve common goals'
- Speak Up: 'I feel free to raise any idea, ask any question or escalate any issues or risks, building an environment of respect and trust. I am comfortable sharing and receiving feedback.
Chances are you’ll know we’re a bank in the UK, but did you know we’re part of one of the world’s leading financial services groups with 140 million customers worldwide? Or that to date we have invested over 98 million euros into training and developing our people?
That’s why Santander is an amazing place to start your career. Thanks to our size and scale, we can help you realise your biggest ambitions.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
We welcome applications from people who have their own right to work in the UK. For our internship, graduate & apprenticeship schemes, you'll be asked to provide evidence of your right to work during the application process. Throughout your time at Santander you must be able to maintain and demonstrate your right to work in the United Kingdom indefinitely.