Communications (Technology) Internship Crawley 2024
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
The Technology Communication Intern will report to the Technology Communications Manager, with main responsibility of supporting marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns for a specific function and/or group under Technology.
The Intern will learn and be empowered to create and develop campaign, including responsibility for ideation, development, and execution of strategic focused campaigns and day-to-day activities to keep employees informed and engaged. This includes events/conferences, webcasts, internal communication and employee engagement, and external marketing.
The Intern will also take the lead in certain timebound projects.
Campaigns will be planned and created based on engagement with relevant stakeholders and aligned with overall Technology initiatives and relevant KPOs of the group supported for each project.
- Plan and prepare marketing and communications campaigns
- Webinar planning and execution
- Email send-outs to relevant audience groups
- myHub articles
- Viva Engage (Yammer) campaigns
- Video planning, shoot, project lead through editing to final product is approved by stakeholders
- Planning and execution of external conferences
- External website content management
- Social media management (LinkedIn) for external facing groups
- General function specific communication (day-to-day)
- myHub and SharePoint management
- Presentations and basic design creation
- Idea creating for new content, campaigns, and how to improve content in already existing channels
- Content management of function specific channels, such as Sharepoint, myHub pages, Viva Engage (Yammer) groups
- Other support for Technology communications department (writing and editing for presentation, webcasts, special events, etc)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Service-minded and user centric mindset
- Organized, efficient execution, and focus on timelines
- Excellent proficiency of oral and written English
- Strong attention to detail and quality of output
- Knowledge of digital communications best practices, tactics and related KPIs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Writing and editing of written content is a plus
- Adobe knowledge (Adobe Creative Suite proficiency is a plus)
- Notion of extended Microsoft apps (Sharepoint, PowerApps) and Adobe creative suite is a plus
Studying towards or have completed a BSc or MSc degree in Marketing, Business Management or related subject.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.