Graduate Civil/Geotechnical Engineer Development Programme Doncaster 2024
Are you ready to kickstart your career in a team where you can make a difference?
Our ICE accredited Graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn and progress, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
As a Graduate Engineer with our Cementation team, you will have the opportunity to experience the whole life cycle of a piling and foundations project, on a rotational programme. From tendering and estimating for projects, through to delivery as a Site Engineer, you will develop your geotechnical knowledge whilst experiencing civil engineering projects.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of a team on-site, in the delivery of often challenging and complex geotechnical projects, taking responsibility for programme and quality management, logistics and problem solving
- Liaise with clients and a variety of professionals including principal contractors, consulting engineers and other sub-contractors.
- Work with our in-house Technical Design team, in developing knowledge in most aspects of pile and retaining wall design, along with Ground Engineering techniques
- Understand how we tender for work and preparing estimates with our Pre-construction team
- Work alongside our Quantity Surveyors, to develop your commercial acumen
- Commit to the requirements of Skanska’s environment and health and safety policies
Who you are
- Studying towards or having recently completed a Civil Engineering or Geotechnical degree
- You will need to be flexible with locations as our projects are based nationwide
- You have a strong interest in innovation, sustainability and making a positive impact
- Committed to personal development and achieving chartership
- Enthusiastic to shape the future of construction with Skanska
- You work collaboratively towards shared goals and targets
What we offer
- Clear learning and development opportunities to prepare you for a successful and happy career
- Professional and social networking events
- Project management and leadership development mentoring
- Support to achieve your chosen professional accreditation and expenses paid for annual professional membership
- Employee led networks - these include: Womxn’s, Ability, Pride, O.N.E (Origins Nationality Ethnicity, Military) and Mental Health networks.
- An array of retail, dining, well-being and travel discounts through My Rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Multiple salary reviews throughout the graduate programme
- You would be joining a mental health aware organisation where we offer wellbeing support through our employee assistance programme; mental health ambassador network awareness discussions and wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunities to find an area of our business in which you thrive and are passionate about
What does the Skanska graduate programme include?
As part of the graduate programme, teams will embark on digitalisation and social value projects. These projects provide exposure to graduates and senior colleagues in the company and build a strong professional network whilst improving the business.
The graduate programme provides a pathway to develop a complete skill set, developing both technical and interpersonal skills. The programme includes interesting courses and on-the-job learning.
You will be required to undertake placements in different locations (site and office based across the UK). These will range in duration from 1 month up to 9 months and you will receive additional allowances, on top of your basic salary, to assist with the cost of staying away from home or relocating.
Some of the office-based placement can be carried out from home if that is something you would like to do. The rotational nature of this programme will give you exposure to an exciting portfolio of piling projects as you experience all stages from tendering to delivery. This will make you a well-rounded engineer and help you in achieving your chartership.
What have our previous Graduate Engineers enjoyed?
- Meeting lots of new people
- Exploring new cities
- Seeing the range challenges presented across the UK
How do you apply?
- Upload your CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview (motivational)
- Assessment Centre
Programme start date: September 2024
If you are a gen Z talent with a passion for innovation, sustainability and desire to shape the future, we look forward to your application!